Regarding Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferisar

06-20-2010

I just played a game, and in the pre-screen everyone was all:

"Omg, he picked yi. Lmao 4v5"
Something along the lines anyway. They kept making snide comments and shizizle like that, then I proceeded to carry the team 12/1.

That was mostly e-peen, but my question is, since when is yi bad? Like, did I miss something?

Roastbeef

06-20-2010

People think he sucks cause he lacks survivability and a lot of people who play with him are pretty bad. I've met some good Yi's, but there are far better melee champs

Asuya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

I was playing with my girlfriend on an alternate account because she's learning the game, and a Yi in one of our matches got a Penta Kill at level 10 and we proceeded to lose because we had a Nunu that fed...

Yi is a monster when he racks up kills, if not, he's like a free kill.

Harden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Yi is really just a low level pub stomper, one exhaust gimps him to all hell to be honest.

YesIKnow

06-20-2010

There are better melee champs but if yi is in capable hands he is one of those under-looked champs which is a game changer(a real carry)

TheDarkness

06-20-2010

Yi is my main, and I do considerably well with him, but I'm in the level 15 range. I also get a lot of 4v5 comments from other teams despite the end game result. However, I think I'd rather play a champion a little more viable for reasons mentioned above. Does anyone have any suggestions for a champion I could move on from Yi?

YesIKnow

06-20-2010

Yea...it's cause yi needs to farm farm and uh farm lol or he is really kinda useless and too squishy..other champs hm range or melee?

wellwish3r

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkness View Post
Yi is my main, and I do considerably well with him, but I'm in the level 15 range. I also get a lot of 4v5 comments from other teams despite the end game result. However, I think I'd rather play a champion a little more viable for reasons mentioned above. Does anyone have any suggestions for a champion I could move on from Yi?
Jax

aka Chainsaw

06-20-2010

If you play AP Yi your survivability is greatly increased while you take a small hit to your DPS and pushing abilities.

TankHunter678

06-20-2010

Well, I personally use my +201 HP page when I play Yi, and after getting a Last Whisper I get a Frozen Mallet, this places me near 3k HP, and then after that its just get the usual items, with ghost/cleanse and his ult surviving is a non-issue. It sure annoys the hell out of people when a Yi is not squishy, cause then its harder to stop him from getting kills.