Does Frozen Mallet stack with Ashe's Q?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyDreamer View Post
10%? what?
Frost Shot = 35% Slow.
Frozen Mallet = 30% Slow for Ranged.

.35 + .30(1-.35) = .545
It makes sense that two modifiers(0.65 and 0.7, respectively) are multiplied together.

Not sure how to get other numbers.

SynergyDreamer

11-19-2011

edit:still confused. Thanks, Comrade.
If you're going to downvote...at least explain or something?

Sopbucket

11-19-2011

No, I think Synergy is right. Ashe's q brings you down to 65% speed, and then the Frozen Mallet takes away 30% from that, or (.65)*(.3) = 19.5% of the original speed, so the total reduction would be .35+.195 = .545. If you're going to multiply the modifiers like that, you have to take the inverse afterwards.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2011

Do frozem mallet and trinity slow stack? And if you had both at the same time would both stack with ashes Q?

SynergyDreamer

11-19-2011

I believe only the strongest of the item slow gets applied. So it's absolutely useless to go FM, Trinity, Phage, and Rylai's.

I am still confused by the calculation of the Frost Shot and Item Slow though...

Sopbucket

11-19-2011

I think people are confusing the speed reduction % with the multiplier you would apply to your own speed when you get hit with that reduction. These have an inverse relationship; 35% reduction means the target moves at 65% of their full speed, 30% means 70% of full speed, etc. So, what you get when you multiply the multipliers is the total speed multiplier, not the speed reduction. The speed reduction would be the inverse of that, (1-.455) = .545.

SkieLok

03-29-2012

nothing else gives as much health and a badass slow. frozen mallet is 3250 to buy and only other item offering that much health is a warmogs for 3000. But you also get the +20 attack damage and an extra .5 seconds of slow for ashe as her frost arrow only lasts 2 seconds (plus the additional slow for the first 2 seconds), you will probably be shooting fast enough to keep this stacked.

To me it is worth it on any AD carry and also ashe even with diminishing returns. Makes you less squishy and makes people think twice about poking at you if they cant turn and run.

Ashe Q + boots of speed + frozen mallet = you think your running away any time soon?

SkieLok

03-29-2012

nothing else gives as much health and a badass slow. frozen mallet is 3250 to buy and only other item offering that much health is a warmogs for 3000. But you also get the +20 attack damage and an extra .5 seconds of slow for ashe as her frost arrow only lasts 2 seconds.

To me it is worth it on any AD carry and also ashe even with diminishing returns. Makes you less squishy and makes people think twice about poking at you if they cant turn and run.

Ashe Q + boots of speed + frozen mallet = you think your running away any time soon?

acosn

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkieLok View Post
nothing else gives as much health and a badass slow. frozen mallet is 3250 to buy and only other item offering that much health is a warmogs for 3000. But you also get the +20 attack damage and an extra .5 seconds of slow for ashe as her frost arrow only lasts 2 seconds.

700 extra HP without any real mitigation means that assuming you bought it at the right time (IE: not front loading the item because it's not good damage, or survivability for a ranged carry) you're going to survive two more auto-attacks. Maybe three.

Leave the tanking and soaking to tanks and soaks. Do what you're good at, and learn the finer parts of positioning.

SkieLok

03-29-2012

nothing else gives as much health and a gauranteed bada$$ slow. frozen mallet is 3250 to buy and only other item offering that much health is a warmogs for 3000. But you also get the +20 attack damage and the stacked slow. An extra .5 seconds of slow for ashe as her frost arrow only lasts 2 seconds (2 seconds of greater slow and .5 of 30%, you will be shooting fast enough to keep it stacked all the time anyway).

To me it is worth it on any AD carry and also ashe, even with diminishing returns. Makes you less squishy and makes people think twice about poking at you if they cant turn and run after failing at bursting you dead with a combo.