Is Akali playable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krimson

06-19-2010

Recently I've been getting the itch to get back into playing Akali. But I'm not sure if I should wait till next patch.

I used Akali intensively during the week she came out, but eventually stopped because that was just too close to the Kat buff week. Katarinas would just jump into the smoke and start spinning, and there was a Katarina in EVERY SINGLE GAME. So I put the playing on hiatus.
Now that Kat fever has died down somewhat, what with the BB tad nerf, Akali is looking prospective again.

So, is there anything in her playing that is currently off from when she came out? I heard some guy talking, or rather CAPSING that it takes longer for Akali to swing than for a rat to load a crossbow.

Xetvenen

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
Recently I've been getting the itch to get back into playing Akali. But I'm not sure if I should wait till next patch.

I used Akali intensively during the week she came out, but eventually stopped because that was just too close to the Kat buff week. Katarinas would just jump into the smoke and start spinning, and there was a Katarina in EVERY SINGLE GAME. So I put the playing on hiatus.
Now that Kat fever has died down somewhat, what with the BB tad nerf, Akali is looking prospective again.

So, is there anything in her playing that is currently off from when she came out? I heard some guy talking, or rather CAPSING that it takes longer for Akali to swing than for a rat to load a crossbow.

Akali is fun, but takes a bit of finesse to not suck with...

If you do, I'd suggest AP akali

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

Hextech is great on her, the slow is definitely a step towards her being viable.

Rhetorical Hippo

06-19-2010

Akali is a great burst dps champion however she really lacks usefulness in a 5v5 game especially in team fights. She brings the pain and I don't know many champions that can run people down to finish off a kill better than her...BUT...She offers no benefit to a team, she just does her damage, and is extremely squishy.

She has nothing to be desired by a team, other than DPS.

UnregisteredMeta

06-19-2010

Akali is good, but she's nowhere near "top-tier". If you're in a bracket where you have to tryhard to win, don't pick Akali. Otherwise, she's fine.

Currently her auto-attack is pretty bugged though, as you mentioned. Akali is one of my mains, but I haven't been playing her due to the bug.

Retarderuss

06-19-2010

Akali is very playable. great at killing and eascaping.

Naje

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

I disagree with the escaping part. She has no escape mech, unless you fight wayyy beyond their creeps which does not work until lategame.

turntekGodhead

06-19-2010

She's playable, but doesn't work very well in 5v5. When I played her, all I really did was kill their most valuable squishy; against the standard cheese teamcomps, I was just the Soraka-hunter.

Additionally, her lack of utility is compounded by the animation-nerf she recently received: she can't land a mark and trigger it on only 1 ult charge anymore, which significantly reduces her ability to chase and burst fleeing champions.

Peach Plum Pair

06-19-2010

Right now her basic attack is glitched to be extremely slow, making it really hard to get a MotA off.

Krimson

06-19-2010

Hmmm next patch it is then.