Queue dodge penalty is too excessive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shushman

06-19-2010

The 10min penalty for the second dodge is WAY over the top. I don't normally dodge when I'm in solo queue, but when my RL friends get on, I will dodge a game to queue up with them. Its as simple as that and nobody is going to convince me that its wrong to dodge a game so I can play with my RL buddies. So on a weekend like this, me and my friend first queue as 2, and then wait for the other guys to get off work and such so we can run 5s. Every time once in awhile, we would have to dodge a game to get the other guy into the group. It's really stupid that we have to wait 10 minutes for the fourth and fifth guy.

Fck u solo queuers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inb4 QQ faqqets

Gelachter

06-19-2010

Sometimes dodging is nessesary....

Shen who said he is going "AP" build is one example

And a Evelynn with revive.

JohnnySmash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

It's pretty unlikely your friends are gonna log on while you're on the pre-game screen which is where you spend like 3% of your time in the game. And even if it happens the first queue dodge penalty in an 8 hour period is only 3 minutes, so it'd have to happen twice. And you're lucky Riot doesn't just lock everyone into the game once it's set up, a lot of games with matchmaking don't let you leave once you see your matchup with such a small penalty.

Saysay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

The penalty is great. If it were removed you might be writing another post about how you got que dodged 30 times before finding a game.

Sparticus1

Recruiter

06-20-2010

I have to agree with the OP. Ten minutes is way too long. Sometimes you just get in a game where someone is AFK and it's not someone you should be punished for. It's better to not play the game than play a man down right from the start. It's also not fair that you get punished so greatly because you happen upon people that you know to be bad players and you don't want to play with them. There are so many good reasons to opt out of playing a game and you shouldn't get punished that bad for doing so.

big wooden sword

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushman View Post
The 10min penalty for the second dodge is WAY over the top. I don't normally dodge when I'm in solo queue, but when my RL friends get on, I will dodge a game to queue up with them. Its as simple as that and nobody is going to convince me that its wrong to dodge a game so I can play with my RL buddies. So on a weekend like this, me and my friend first queue as 2, and then wait for the other guys to get off work and such so we can run 5s. Every time once in awhile, we would have to dodge a game to get the other guy into the group. It's really stupid that we have to wait 10 minutes for the fourth and fifth guy.

Fck u solo queuers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inb4 QQ faqqets
first off, when would you need to do this twice in a row? if you have already dodged once to play with a friend, then have your friend, that you jus tqued with, dodge for you. problem solved. in the event that your friend logged off after one game, and you requed, and decided to leave another, well then its your own fault. just ask your friend if he can wait ten minutes, if he cant then just start. who knows maybe someone will dodge for you at 0 seconds. ive had that happen alot.

big wooden sword

06-20-2010

one thing i wish they would do is just let us hit cancel if we want to dodge and give us the penalty that way. i dont see the reason for having to log out and log back in to que dodge.

C2C Shiro

06-20-2010

I disagree with OP. The queue dodge penalty is just fine and I have noticed less people leaving since they placed it.

Luciferian

06-20-2010

The penalty is perfect imo. Just enough to keep idiots from spam dodging, but not so much that if you smell fail dripping from every orifice of your **** covered team, you can still gtfo of there without worrying about it too much.

Nekroseth

06-20-2010

**** dodgers.....i hope they all die a horrible death