Lose Something When You Die? Pls?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

You lose a 1/3rd of stacking items and 3 Cho feasts.

MatZilla

06-19-2010

no I agree, lose like 1oo gold when I die, instead of giving gold to you. I'm cool with that.

calico131

06-19-2010

Dota had a better system. That's all im saying.

A Kawaii Loli

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelachter View Post
I love how people obsess over K/d. Go play a support and be an actual credit to the team, then learn how annoying it is to break positive. Im glad if i go like 6/2 with Taric, mostly because i try to pass kills to allies.
You mean you don't save your W to finish off champions instead of giving it to your melee dps? God, finally, a good Taric.

Zarifes

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico131 View Post
Although i do think that is true, kills should matter...
Kills do matter. But when it gets to the point where everyone has their "Core items", then they stop mattering and towers become more important. Any extra gold (let's say) Nidalee makes beyond that Sheen, Guinsoo, and Brutalizer/Ghostblade become mere trinkets to help push the tower more.

angusm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

Kills get you gold, gold get you items and remove defenders from the towers. If you're getting more kills there's no reason you shouldn't be getting towers too. Think strategy, not greed.

Gelachter

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackHoe View Post
You mean you don't save your W to finish off champions instead of giving it to your melee dps? God, finally, a good Taric.
Ill do it occasionaly if I actualy deserved the kill, its a sure kill, and i really need to boost my k/d to atleast positive.

But early game i pass most the kills to my lane partner, unless im concerned they will escape.

Sizatch

06-19-2010

On a serious note, I would rather win -20 than lose +20. If I go -20 and win it generally means I worked for the win, or I could have just been carried.

TankHunter678

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico131 View Post
Dota had a better system. That's all im saying.
And gold loss on death is what enabled there to be 1 man super carries who destroyed teams without even having to have allies.

With the system LoL has, there are no super carries, and all throughout the game it is a team effort to win. Not just feed 1 guy and let him 1v5 all day for his own enjoyment and let everyone else have a bad game.

If you want gold loss on death, super carries and K/D to be of soo much value, go play HoN.

drachasor

06-19-2010

You gain gold when you kill an enemy champion. Having them also lose gold is double-dipping and silly. They are already punished enough.

If you happened to make a team that can't push, and you can kill the enemy, but are too incompetent to push after killing them, then you deserve to lose.