What Do an Ulting Olaf and the Fremont Townhouse Fire Have in Common?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TankHunter678

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelachter View Post
I admit a few people were dead, but i belive I (Veigar) a Tank and another DPS were up. But Veigar having to use all his skills and not get near enough killing him is outrageous (I was about 600 AP at this point). Sure i could "save" my skills, but then my team would be dead regardless.

When a hero has high tanking and DPS abilities its a bit unbalanced.
Sounds like you were missing a void staff, and that Olaf there got himself a good amount of MR.

Further, you were playing veigar, if you did not have a Deathfire Grasp then you only got 2 skills against an ulting olaf. With a Deathfire Grasp, and a Void Staff since you were at 600 AP the Deathfire alone would sheer off 50% of his HP. Followed up by ult and Baleful spamming you would of done plenty of damage that your other DPS could kill him, especially when you stun olaf after his ult wears off.

Epityr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

Quote:
Unless the olaf is slow they get Ghost or Exhaust a majority of the time (Exhaust if they dont trust their axe throw). And im just making an instance of 1 game, my team generaly sucked, but im saying that Veigar's full burst should still do plenty of damage if hes not going to be affected by my stuns.

And you CANT KITE HIM, if it didnt catch your eye the first time i dont believe he is able to be slowed. Meaning he has to land one skill / hit to close the gap to any ranged.

And also Herp a Derp kite with anti slow, sounds logical?
You don't carry ghost or flash? Not even Exhaust to blind him while he's ulted? If your team can't burst him down before he takes you out, then your team is just full of fail. He can't instagib you in several seconds with just a frozen mallet. If he doesn't build any tank items, he's gonna drop to the ground like a rock under any 3 person or more burst.

Just blind him, or when you see him running TOWARDS YOU. Run around like a little coward while your team rapes him. You guys completely over-exaggerate his abilities, and you don't play smart.

Rather then let him beat the pride out of you, how about you do something to counter him.

Gelachter

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankHunter678 View Post
Sounds like you were missing a void staff, and that Olaf there got himself a good amount of MR.

Further, you were playing veigar, if you did not have a Deathfire Grasp then you only got 2 skills against an ulting olaf. With a Deathfire Grasp, and a Void Staff since you were at 600 AP the Deathfire alone would sheer off 50% of his HP. Followed up by ult and Baleful spamming you would of done plenty of damage that your other DPS could kill him, especially when you stun olaf after his ult wears off.
Yes, i made sure to stack magic penetration.

Also, wouldnt Deathfire ALSO be affected by his Ult, or does it doing a base % damage negate it?

And lastly, i managed to land my meteor while he was beating on one of my idiot teammates. I dont think it needs to be nerfed into oblivion, it just covers far too many aspects and boosts him ALOT.

Also @guy regarding Exhaust. I wouldnt carry Exhaust or flash on Veigar personaly. Warp/Ignite or Clarity/ ignite makes trasportation OR early game farming so much easier.
You make it sound like i KNOW who im fighting agenst while im selecting skills, if i did i would pick counters for him.

Epityr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

Quote:
Yes, i made sure to stack magic penetration.

Also, wouldnt Deathfire ALSO be affected by his Ult, or does it doing a base % damage negate it?

And lastly, i managed to land my meteor while he was beating on one of my idiot teammates. I dont think it needs to be nerfed into oblivion, it just covers far too many aspects and boosts him ALOT.

Also @guy regarding Exhaust. I wouldnt carry Exhaust or flash on Veigar personaly. Warp/Ignite or Clarity/ ignite makes trasportation OR early game farming so much easier.
You make it sound like i KNOW who im fighting agenst while im selecting skills, if i did i would pick counters for him.
I found your problem.

You're playing Veigar.

also.

You're playing Veigar without an escape summoner skill. Escape summoner skills should be mandatory for squishy dps. If you don't get it, then enter the game as free meat for anybody who gets the jump on you.

Gelachter

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epityr View Post
I found your problem.

You're playing Veigar.

also.

You're playing Veigar without an escape summoner skill. Escape summoner skills should be mandatory for squishy dps. If you don't get it, then enter the game as free meat for anybody who gets the jump on you.
So, lets review this for a second. Instead of taking a viable build, i should destroy it all in the name of countering the POSSIBLITY of one hero. Then disregarding the fact Veigar is a fine escapist, throw up stun area behind you, occasional meteor and they get sidetracked too much to catch up.

This is also leaving out the fact i didnt DIE, instead I escaped him with my ESCAPE SKILLS. So instead of fixing a brokern ult, every hero should build to counter THAT hero instead of being viable.

raynefall

06-19-2010

4 of the people that died in that fire were children. that is a very offensive post.

Gelachter

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynefall View Post
4 of the people that died in that fire were children. that is a very offensive post.
Thousands of children die every night from starvation while you and other various people go to buffets every night.

Justifibly everything is terrible, its just the idea of getting over it.

Epityr

06-19-2010

Quote:
So, lets review this for a second. Instead of taking a viable build, i should destroy it all in the name of countering the POSSIBLITY of one hero. Then disregarding the fact Veigar is a fine escapist, throw up stun area behind you, occasional meteor and they get sidetracked too much to catch up.

This is also leaving out the fact i didnt DIE, instead I escaped him with my ESCAPE SKILLS. So instead of fixing a brokern ult, every hero should build to counter THAT hero instead of being viable.
Sorry, I don't know how to battle stupidity. I'm done.

zGarchomp

06-19-2010

I lol'd