Mundo, my best friend =\

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkjak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

Intro
I kid you not, Mundo was my first played champion and most played up until I got to my lvl. twenties. Safe to say, that was ages ago. And I loved his playstyle, his utility, his overall role on a team. Mundo is a big reason I probably got into this MOBA scene called LoL. And these are my thoughts on what made him fun and team-friendly, what drawbacks make him utterly nonviable, and suggested changes to resolve that...

Why I love Mundo
First of all, Mundo has sustain...something every beginner feels graced by. You can make mistakes in lane, and the punishment will not throw you back to base. Mundo can make mistakes, in fact, Mundo takes a little too good of a beating once enemies see how fast your health drops in a combo. Back in low levels, you never were beaten on too hard because players only felt safe harassing in lane.

Cleavers!!! Cleavers made everything feel better, neutral camps/harass/chase/last hits/escape/TEAMMATE SAFETY. That's right, saving a teammate by a fast thought cleaver that ended that pursuit was one of the best feelings as a Mundo player. And the best part of cleavers? They brought you close to your opponent for some good ole bonding time with the doctor. Turn on Burning Agony and Masochism when in range and you got yourself a guaranteed kill(minus flash).

Burning Agony, a free cleanse over time I might say so myself. Getting mauled on during a team fight? Turn up the heat and walk it off! Pursuers not so easily discouraged? Chuck cleavers behind you! Sadism came into effect here because most players this low level were waiting last minute to focus on surviving or forgot to get ghost.

Masochism, not much to say here except your team will thank you when the pusher is dead/MIA and they need to take a tower already. Made Mundo players appreciate a sense of using high risk state to advance the game.

Sadism?
FREE DRAGON
FREE TOWER TANKING
FREE REVIVE
FREE KILL
The movement speed and regen on this is crazy before your enemy knew how to deny it. This ultimate and its low cooldown (back in the day) made you never think about blue pilling until your pockets felt heavy. Made your team love you being there for them on short notice.

The death of the Doctor
Health Regeneration
Riot nerfed Mundo's Core item Spirit Visage over and over AND OVER AGAIN!!!
Why does this make Mundo player's mad? Because it was what made Mundo's passive noticeable. I do not think many other player's know this, but the health costs of Mundo's ability hurt. He is a masochist after all, and even when severely hurt, there is no passive to really benefit from.

Mundo's regen is based across his Maximum health and that is something Mundo's usually go for right after SV. But with an item that you can no longer feel augmenting your role, what hope is there trying to call Mundo a Soak? Health Regen is never bought by a high skilled player...why? Because it is overkill for Mundo and most players know that once you get focused, there is no hope of your escape, or point in it. Health regen is great in laning. But after that, it is worthless when bursted down by the carries and gutted with...

IGNITE!!! Every Mundo's worst nightmare, it basically denies you most of what you would call your ultimate. It make saving your ultimate a thing of the past. It makes your ultimate almost as crappy as Ghost until you turn on burning agony, BUT WAIT, burning agony probably is doing almost a quarter of the damage you are trying to avoid in the first place!

Burning agony is lulzy. It does not become necessary or safe to use until you finish a Warmog's or FoN. And let's face it, by that time, you do not need it for the CC redux.

Poking? With a double-edged SWORD!
By the time you reach a good understanding of CD's and player movement, you will not be getting hit by a cleaver unless that Mundo is suicidal. Cleavers take out more health than they are worth to try and harass with. All cleavers feel like once the enemies know about them, is to last hit creeps which can be a little bad for your lanemate, or quick grab those beefy minions in the jungle. But Mundo cannot jungle...period. Mundo's cleavers deal true damage to him, and even more damage if you decide to toss a few cleavers their way and miss the shot.

Cleavers will save you in most cases jsut by annoying the hell out of your opponent to jsut give up getting that kill on you. Cleavers almost feel like a parrrlay that hurts you and cannot go throw minions. This is because it makes Mundo feel like a ranged champ. Because let's face it, you are not going to get yourself hot under the gun in lane against poke champs for your melee damage, which is hardly much considering his base atk spd.

Team utility
You will no longer be loved on your team, you are simply put, a LIABILITY to the team. Mundo players are use to walking wherever they please...BELIEVE ME. but now, you know the enemy will not let you scout far without knowing you are asking to feed. The tankiness on Mundo is minute, remember, Riot made Mundo in spite of tankiness. Mundo relies on regen, not soaking an enemy team. And this is because you are not going to build straight tank, because Mundo is hardly a reliable soak. What is Mundo? This is what defines Mundo as viable...for LOW TIER

MUNDO is a DISTRACTION
That's right, I said it. Mundo is made to taunt bad players into chasing you and getting kited into you lanemate/team. This is what made him so good low levels, he could drag you across half the map with little health hoping you might persist in killing him. But you will run into cleavers. This is gone, players will not chase you...will not focus you until last. They will not even chase you when you are ignited because chances are, you are not coming back.

Good players know to refrain from jumping onto Mundo unless the whole team is there. Most teams have a special friend called ignite, just in case you are certain you will get away. Teams will laugh as you chuck and run to your tower/brush.

That being said, Mundo is good...against ignorant players. There is just no use to him in the whole idea of a team fights where "tons of damage" will be dealt. And your regen cant do anything about it.

Fixing up the doctor

Adrenaline Rush
Give Mundo players a better incentive to absorb damage besides just taking it like a dumb *****. Simple as that. Mundo player's know this passive does not compensate the fact his abilities chip him hard.

Cleavers
Mundo's Bread and Butter...please keep these for it is the only thing that made Mundo team oriented. But lets try and give it a longer cooldown, until it hits a champion that is...Yes, you heard me. Have cleavers reduce CD when they hit. If you take off the punishment and instead provide an incentive based ability, you have a better usage of work equaling results. I would not shed a tear with a little shorter range if you do buff this one's CC potential at higher ranks.

I might add that the slow should start very low at rank one, and build up late. And the cooldown timer should remain the same, but the cooldown redux should increase =D

Burning Agony
Dear God this is useless. It does almost more harm than good at low levels. Give it a passive. Something that keeps Enemies from wanting to attack mundo like Courage does for Garen low level.
Make the active give the high risk/high reward. The ability for Mundo insanely farm with it was probably not what Riot had in mind. Instead, make burning agony something to make Mundo players stay in the action while hurting the enemy team when grouped up. Make it hurt players who touch him like Annie's Molten Shield. I want to feel like I can walk into a teamfight on fire and be focused without running out with an ignite over my head when I AM ON FIRE MYSELF.

Masochism
It makes sense that this is derived from your own pain, but can we at least have it give a defensive bonus instead? I know this is considered the high risk/high reward ability. But it is something that DEPENDS on the fact you are toe to toe with the enemy right where you are most likely to get killed. I am not 100% sure on this idea, but I want Mundo players to feel like they want the pain LIKE burning agony.

Maybe, Just maybe, Masochism can empower a cleaver or increase Mundo's M.SPD when low. Maybe it could deal damage to mundo to remove a debuff. This might sound crazy, but instead of m.spd put the cc redux on masochism and focus on making burning agony the offensive spell. Masochism is leading Mundo player's to try to lean toward "zeals" for his lack of atk spd. Why should Mundo players get such an AD steroid when Mundo is a soak?

Finally,
Sadism
This ability makes no sense at all, Sadism is the love in inflicting pain...why are we running from teamfights then? Why are we healing ourselves of our own pain? Why is our ultimate just a megaburst of what our passive tries to give us, when we are already crutched on tanky items to make Sadism a last resort?

My idea, make Sadism a disruptor. That's right...CALL ME CRAZY. But I know Mundo, and Mundo does not flee when Mundo goes where he pleases. And Mundo is not pleased turning his back on everyone to hope that enemies will chase him. The last thing Mundo needs with two close range abilities, is a long jog thru the woods.

Please, please, PLEASE make Sadism a disruptor, give Mundo a reason to call himself an Offtank. Give us players a reason to be in pain besides the monotonous game of cat and mouse with him. Give sadism a good nuke of damage like taric, give him a reward for fighting low health champions. I want to see where this goes. Tell me what you think.

A red post would make my day...

Sincerely,
Mundo Lover

Junkyarddog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

You've captured my experiences with mundo perfectly. Mundo was basically the only champ i played from levels 5-15, then I got angry that I felt so useless, and stopped playing him.
I'm curious though, could you clarify what you mean by "disruptor" for his ulti?

Cyanicx

10-06-2011

URL

Repost much?

DinerCar

10-06-2011

Bump. Mundo being useful again would be wonderful.

JoeVector

10-07-2011

Bump.

darkjak

10-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanicx View Post
URL

Repost much?
because no one cares about mundo in the champion feedback section, they just complain impossible to balance because of 3v3 and then go on to threads like AKALI, SINGED, MORDE OP threads and QQ

darkjak

10-30-2011

bump

Saint Foxx

10-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjak View Post
because no one cares about mundo in the champion feedback section, they just complain impossible to balance because of 3v3 and then go on to threads like AKALI, SINGED, MORDE OP threads and QQ
Just like how there has yet to be a single red to post in here. If you want to get noticed, you have to get it bumped to hell in general discussion since that's all that riot cares about

Insane Wheatley

10-30-2011

Extremely well thought out and true. I'd love a Mundo rework.

+1

1ring

10-30-2011

Disagree with that one part about cleavers. They heal for more than enough when you get a hit, and it usually is a hit if your good with them. One of the best harasses in this game.

Everything else is spot on.