Just tried out Kayle!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helfeather

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-19-2010

And I have to say, she's amazing as DPS, chaser, and tower pusher! I wanted some input on what other items work well with Kayle so I can experiment around with a sense of direction.

So far, I'm loving using..
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Hextech Gunblade
Stinger

Looking for other items that compliment a DPS Kayle. any suggestions? I was trying to finish Trinity Force in my last two games, but never got around to it.

I also used Boots of Mobility and it was decent on her. Chose Mobility because there were not too many CC's on other team, and I love Mobility on support-ish champions. What other boots work well with her other than Merc Treads?

And btw, is her name pronounced CAY-LEE or CAY-YUL?

R66Y

06-19-2010

Unfortunately, the last time I played Kayle was back in beta, lol. But I do believe the name is pronounced the second way (although I say it more like the cabbage, kale).

You can always tryout the guides section of the forums. There are usually several good guides in there for each champ, and with Kayle's recent buffs I expect new ones will have been put up.

Hydroniums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

cay-yul, though cay-lee does sound way more feminine, which would reduce her risk of being called a guy

I do nashor's tooth->guinsoo's->triforce

gunblade isn't really worth the cash

cwatz

Adjudicator

06-19-2010

Guinsoo's is a staple on every build of hers at the moment. After that it can vary a bit.

Munchlord

06-20-2010

I find that all three hybrid items (rageblade, gunblade and nashor's) are crazy good on her. Not only is there the added value that it gains from her passive, but AP+AS combo is crazy good on her from both rageblade and nashor's, and the CDR on nashor's is godlike to say the least. As for rageblade, aside from being a hybrid item, the lifesteal and spellvamp is better than most would believe. I can, honestly, say that I have tried to ult at 20% health and have ~70% when my ult ran out. That was from lifesteal, spell vamp and a single cast of blessing.

other than that, it varies. You can either go defensive route (guardian angel is amazing, and so is frozen mallet), AD route (triforce and infinity edge or bloodthirster is vicious here), or AP route (lich bane and Zhonya's for me)

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

06-20-2010

I personally don't think highly of spell vamp and would only see it viable on self-healing moves like Fiddlesticks' Drain. If you run the numbers, You will only vamp x% of the spell damage done to the opponent after magic resist, and also you are limited by cooldown on spell vamp.

Considering that typically you will have between 10-25% spell vamp you will do lets say 1000 magic damage with a burster and heal between 100-250 health not really that good considering you could have spent that money on more ability power. Also, once if your spells are on cooldown you don't get anymore advantage from spell vamp.

Kayle really only needs Guinsoo's then can build toward a support.

reallyblueomg

Recruiter

06-20-2010

I find it most effective to start the game with a doran's ring for the mana regeneration and survivability. From here, I normally branch off into Guinsoo's Rageblade and then Lich's Bane. Lich's Bane may seem like an odd choice, but it gives her amazing damage for just pressing 'E'. Any follow up spell after that just fuels her thirst for justice. If my build advances further, then I get the Hextech Gunblade and then maybe a Nashor's tooth or a Deathfire's grasp. Games usually don't last this long though.

In terms of boots, I normally go for Sorcerer's shoes. She's a hybrid champion, but she'll benefit from these more. Why? Most tanks tend to stack armour to prevent your DPS from dealing damage. This will bypass their lower magic resist and deal more damage with your Righteous Fury up. Keep in mind that most champions have a natural magic resist of 30, save for some melee champions. Carries don't usually build past this 30 magic resist, but they do gain natural armour as they level up. It's a bit more effective if you take advantage of what they are ignoring, in my opinion. Enjoy Kayle, I have lots of fun as her.