Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Crit Stacking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mutexAus

06-19-2010

Do crits stack? I.E. if I buy two items with a crit bonus, will they add diminishingly to give a higher crit chance than either of the two items separately?

supercheeze1

06-19-2010

it stacks directly

mutexAus

06-19-2010

So in theory, if I bought 6 capes (18% crit each) I would have 108% chance of crit, so every shot would be a crit?

This is crazy, in dota/hon crit never stacks...

Can someone else confirm that crits stack please?

Markcf

06-19-2010

Yes they do, and yes, 100% crit is possible, see any decent tryndamere build for more information.

Helfeather

Recruiter

06-19-2010

Yes, crit does stack additively. 20% crit + 10% crit = 30% crit chance. 100+% crit is completely possible.

Kyuketsuki

Recruiter

06-20-2010

Important note to the OP.
Critical Chance and Critical Damage both stack linearly
However if you buy 6 Infinity Edges, you only gain the 250% crit damage ONCE, because it's a unique effect.
If you see an item with unique effect this means you don't gain that unique effect if you purchase more than one of those.