Best champ for carrying solo-ranked games at low-mid elo ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Ive become somewhat interested in doing solo ranked play ........ I tried out with Jungle Udyr but anytime I went to gank my ally wouldnt go for the kill / played too passively meaning I wasted time and sometimes got killed.

I would say I am probably mid-elo skilled.. and my favorite champion type is 'tanky dps'

any suggestions for good carry champs ?

Skykingcst

10-25-2011

Start with the common bans. They are banned because of how much they can influence a game. Imo you should start with Morgana. Pretty easy to play, double cc, and "dat shield".

saintzsin76

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

i usually love tanky dps too, garen renek jarven. but they cant do enough without a decent support. i have recently done talon and am facerolling... ult can save you to get out like survivability. and can jump in easy enough to take out 1v1 easily once he gets his dmg rollin, boot 3 hp, 2 doran, brutalizer, trinity. then you can go mog/atmas or bloodthister def item

Kanye Midwest

10-26-2011

Renekton would be a good choice for tanky dps. Tryndamere aswell.

Gath Immortal

10-26-2011

jax, hands down. you can go 4/10 early game and still end up being unstoppable if you can hold off the onslaught til the late game. I think my score went from that 4/10/5 to something like 14/17/16 by the time I had a nearly full build, the other team just gave up.

Cellifal

10-26-2011

Renekton is a good choice as long as it doesn't get late game. He's very strong early, but his ratios need a buff imo.

tempname076325

10-26-2011

Morgana is a good choice because she's stupid strong at all parts of the game and it's almost impossible to lose your lane with her. You at least guarantee that your team doesn't feed and lose mid, if not the other lanes.

Other than that, I think tanky dps is the way to go for a few reasons.

1. Squishy carries require some minimal effort on your team in order to do well. You can go 8-0 with Brand and still lose the game when it goes to mid-late game because your tanks are too stupid to block for you in team fights.

2. Jungler can be a game changer but can't really do anything if all your lanes fail. And they likely will.

3. Top lane generally feeds the hardest in my experience. Mid may lose their lane but won't die 800 times. Bottom has two champs and usually they last longer. Top...zomg if I had a nickel for every game a teammate has uberfed a Nasus or Talon top...I'd be a rich man.

So my recommendation is to pick a tanky dps like Garen (or Nasus, I suppose) who is more independent and can still change the game.

seniorsnuggly

10-26-2011

Nidalee, Tele/Revive Karth, Morg, Cho Gath (but only with the gentelman's skin).

Darmival

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gath Immortal View Post
jax, hands down. you can go 4/10 early game and still end up being unstoppable if you can hold off the onslaught til the late game. I think my score went from that 4/10/5 to something like 14/17/16 by the time I had a nearly full build, the other team just gave up.
Good thing I <3 Jax then.. lol

with the gunblade nerf.. what is a good build for him nowadays ?

Wahoozy

10-26-2011

I'd say prolly any top solo
Take your pick...theres so many that are straight up game changers,
Singed... Irelia... Udyr....Jax
Just buy wards and GG you win