Please remove my Leave Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morinav

06-19-2010

Ahhhh the American consumer's misplaced sense of entitlement.

Leaves can't be removed by Riot. They purposely left the functionality out so it could never be abused. So no, no leave removal for anyone (even Riot staff).

drachasor

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiko View Post
I downvoted him because I understand how computers work, and I also understand that when devs say they "can't" do something, they mean "there is no reasonable way for us to do this".

EDIT: You guys realize that the game keeps track of these things automatically, right? Why would they have a tool for editing people's records? What do you want them to do? Find the location of your leaves in their hard-drives and manually decrement it?
And it is stored in a database, and there are tons of ways to edit databases.

Game times are stored along with records. Finding out when leaves happened in accordance with Friday's server trouble would be pretty easy. Decrementing leaves created during that time would also be fairly easy. Yeah, it might take someone a day or two to write the program for that and test it, but that's not that big of a deal given that they are likely to have similar problems in the future (judging from how things have gone).

drachasor

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
Ahhhh the American consumer's misplaced sense of entitlement.
Ahh, the corporate sell-out's sense of right and wrong, where the customer is always wrong and the company is always right. How lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
Leaves can't be removed by Riot. They purposely left the functionality out so it could never be abused. So no, no leave removal for anyone (even Riot staff).
Lol. That's what they say. Why do they say it? Because they don't want to deal with people asking for leaves to be removed. They aren't saying it because it isn't easy to do.