Please remove my Leave Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hammerings

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic21 View Post
All you people who say "They can't" are being incredibly stupid. It's just a number, and that number has to be stored somewhere. Either it's stored client-side (stupid), or server side. If it's stored client side then you can remove it yourself, or in the more likely event that it's stored server side they just need to change the record in the database.

Now, it's entirely possible that it's too difficult to change it. That's understandable. But "impossible"? No. They made the game, they made the leaving system, they can fix/change/manipulate it on a whim.
why you ******s downvote him ?

just because you are incapable to think you downvote somebody ? he speak the truth, it was not abut if removing an leave is ok or not he just state the fact the is not imposibly for riot to do it.

turntekGodhead

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic21 View Post
Thank God. I'm not the only person with half a brain around here...

Riot doesn't pull numbers out of thin air. Data needs to be read to be written, and to be read it needs to be stored. And data that is stored can be changed.

Learn basic computer science.
When I say "they can't", I mean "their system isn't designed to allow the editing of player records".

I have 7+ leaves caused by our school closing 1 port (and only 1 port) that the game was rarely (but not never) trying to use to connect, which meant that about 1/20 games we played, I could never join: I just got the firewall glitch. It was annoying, and even more annoying to troubleshoot.

When I asked devs about it, I eventually was told that the system wasn't set up to allow editing of records. Which makes a lot of sense. If you only have 1 leave, it's not a big deal, and other people can't see your leaves unless you have a pretty high leave/games played percentage; if you leave frequently due to disconnects, while your intent may be pure, you are still screwing over your team and should resolve the disconnects.

Stop assuming that you're the only one around with a brain.

turntekGodhead

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerings View Post
why you ******s downvote him ?

just because you are incapable to think you downvote somebody ? he speak the truth, it was not abut if removing an leave is ok or not he just state the fact the is not imposibly for riot to do it.
I downvoted him because I understand how computers work, and I also understand that when devs say they "can't" do something, they mean "there is no reasonable way for us to do this".

EDIT: You guys realize that the game keeps track of these things automatically, right? Why would they have a tool for editing people's records? What do you want them to do? Find the location of your leaves in their hard-drives and manually decrement it?

Ahlen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

I have 8 leaves from my internet randomly dropping and not coming back till the game was over. Remove those too. (The other 3 leaves were actual leaves)

turntekGodhead

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlen View Post
I have 8 leaves from my internet randomly dropping and not coming back till the game was over. Remove those too. (The other 3 leaves were actual leaves)
Their system is not designed to allow devs to edit people's records on a whim.

Blugyblug

06-19-2010

What is so bad about a single red number on your record? People can't see it. The only bad thing is you probably ruined a game, but you cant do anything about that now.

rekrn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

It doesn't show to other people so it doesn't matter. Nobody else can see that you have 1 leave.

Necrophagus

06-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyZ4 View Post
I care about one leave because if something is implemented that punishes leavers it will be something like 0, 1-9, 10-24, 25 +, and because I have that one I get screwed
They won't do that, because of the exact reason that server turbulence causes people like you to get leaves.

Also, get hard, non-anecdotal proof that the server issues are the reason you weren't in the game when it concluded, and then send this proof to the support e-mail. Otherwise you're probably out of luck.

Bad News Bear

06-19-2010

Remove mine because of comcast is trash, too!

DangIt

06-19-2010

Just think of that leave as a... memento?

when you look at that one leave, think, "ah, I remember that time... It was a wonderful day but Riot servers sucked. Good times~"

optimism ftw =)