Dominion: Why do many SR players not like it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Zed

10-25-2011

I have 3 reason why I don't like Dominion.

1. I like to farm a lot. I like to last hit and to clear entire stacked waves to see my gold jumping higher and higher.

2. The best 1v1 champions are dominating this mode. Pick a champ who's strong 1v1 or 2v2.

3. No teamfights. No organized 5v5.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
I have a love affair with the purple caster minions from SR.

They don't like it when I cheat on them with those dominihoes that call themselves minions.

Yeah.....yeah, I suppose there is that...

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
I hate this "logic".

1. SR has balance issues.
2. Was CoD developed around domination? The gameplay any FPS is originally based on is team deathmatch. Capture the flag, domination, FFA, etc...all came later.
and quick deaths are expected in fps and encouraged.
A kill in Lol should feel earned and special and matter in the long haul.
In dominion it's less epic and less important.

You comparing apples to watermelons.
Lol wasn't built for people who like domination while cod is a perfect reflection for it.

I would have preferred Magma chamber or a expansion of the game play we have now.
if anything dominion was just a way of riot picking themselves out of the herd not enhancing the core gameplay

B3ER

10-25-2011

It's kind of boring. Yes more action but that has reached a monotone level. There is no variation in pace. It's starts off high paced, stays like that and ends with high pace. It's like a music piece in constant forte. Boring.

Duelpower

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Yeah.....yeah, I suppose there is that...
Haha I was just kidding there obviously. :P

I put a serious answer at the end of page 2.

Thawn716

10-25-2011

I have to agree with the poster who noted that all everyone wants to do is hold three. Honestly if they had some mechanic where your points ticked down less unless you capped another point after a certain amount of stagnancy or something it would encourage people to push for that fourth, and possibly fifth, point. As it is you always get one or two people going on about holding the points once you get three, and the moment you move away from the tower you get spammed in chat that you shouldn't push and that they are going to report you etc.

ActionButlerGO

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurabu View Post
3. No teamfights. No organized 5v5.
Ok, this is one that I would really like some clarification on, if you would be so kind.

I see teamfights in Dominion nearly every game. And I don't mean the 3v3 at windmill. I mean, at some point in every good Dominion game there is an inevitable skirmish involving everyone that usually goes a long way in determining the outcome of the game. Is that so different fro SR?

Again, thanks all for the responses!

tHeWh1Z

10-25-2011

While I can admit that I have not played ALOT of Dominion, I still prefer SR more.

The reason being that even before they launched Dominion, I knew it was going to be a musical chairs only with command points. It was that same reason I stopped playing Battlefield and certain types of CoD game modes.

I still attempted Dominion figuring that there might be a chance that Riot somehow removed that gameplay, but they didn't.

Summary:
1. I don't like running around capping points just to have someone go behind me and ninja cap them without fighting someone for it.
2. Less ability to plan about what you are building, who you are countering, what objectives need to be taken, who is getting fed, etc.

This is just my reasons.

ActionButlerGO

10-25-2011

Also, in response to the "take three and hold" comments. If you have a good team that is organized, that communicates, and that knows it champs, yes, that will work most of the time.

Even then, though, if all you do is sit on your points, you will, eventually get out-levelled/out-built and you will get pushed off the point. Defending three is not as foolproof as a lot of people would like to make it out to be.

DiveMePls

10-25-2011

The best use I've found for Dominion is consuming my losing streaks. It's much shorter, and for some reason, getting paired with ******* annoys me much less in Dominion rather than SR.