Yaga the Stray Little Witch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

10-25-2011

Attachment 525359

League of Legend's would-be second Suppordle (well, third, I'm adamant Amumu was a support before Lulu!).

For a fancy-formatted, fully illustrated version of this thread (there's more artwork!), please see the LoL Wikia: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...y_Little_Witch

Yaga is the property of Opip, who first posted this idea on the EU forums (including the artwork). I have made changes based on feedback here and on the wikia, and only take credit for the revisions.

Abilities

Yaga uses a secondary resource system, in addition to mana. This works similar to Renekton's Fury and Rengar's Ferocity, empowering her abilities automatically when "Blunder" is ready.

Fated Blunder: Yaga gains Blunder charges every 60 / 50 / 40 seconds, to a maximum of 3. For every 1% of health missing, Yaga generates blunder 1% quicker to a minimum of 10 seconds per charge. Charges are automatically consumed when Yaga uses her abilities to alter their effects. All charges are lost upon death.

Malleus Maleficarum

INNATE: Yaga is a wielder of old magic, drawing knowledge from her ancient grimoire. Yaga's As such, Yaga interacts differently with ability power than other mages. Yaga's ability power increases potency of her utility, and she instead uses her enemy's magic resistance to increase her damage.

Clumsy Swipe
(Active): Yaga dashes forward on her broomstick. Upon reaching the end of her path or hitting an enemy champion, Yaga brings her broom down dealing magic damage to surrounding enemies and reducing their armor by 25% (+3% per 100 ability power) for a few seconds.
Blunder Bonus - Mayday!: If Yaga hits an enemy, her broom goes out of control. Yaga becomes uncontrollable for 1 second while she attempts to land her broom. During this time, Yaga is can activate Clumsy Swipe again.
Cost: 65 mana
Cooldown: 7 seconds
Range: 200 to 1000 (varying skill shot)
Damage Radius: 250
Damage: 60 / 85 / 110 / 135 / 160 (+1.9 per target's magic resistance)
Debuff Duration: 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 / 5

S.M. Apple Series
(Active): Yaga throws a poisoned apple at the enemy, dealing magic damage and stunning them for 1 second. Upon obtaining 100 ability power, the duration is increased by 1 second, increasing by 1 second for every 200 ability power thereafter.
Blunder Bonus - Ooops... I did it again!: Yaga throws the wrong apple, instead hurling an XXL Love Apple. The target enemy is charmed instead. Charm causes enemies to move harmlessly toward Yaga.
Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana
Cooldown: 14 / 13 / 12 / 11 / 10 seconds
Range: 650
Damage: 70 / 105 / 140 / 175 / 210 (+1.9 per target's magic resistance)

Blue Rose Special
(Toggle): Yaga summons a giant cauldron at the target location, creating an area of impassible terrain. While bubbling away, nearby allies replenish health and mana equal to a base amount plus 0.8% (+1% per 75 ability power) of their maximum health and mana per second. The cauldron will vanish upon toggle off. If Yaga gets too far away, or is disrupted, Blue Rose Special will toggle-off automatically.
Blunder Bonus - Grab the cat!: When the cauldron vanishes, it goes out with a bang: dealing magic damage to nearby enemies.
Cost: 60 mana
Upkeep Cost: 12 per second
Cooldown: 20 / 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 seconds on toggle-off
Range to center of cauldron: 400
Cauldron Diameter: 200
Replenishment Aura/Damage Diameter: 450
Health/Mana Replenishment: 7 / 10 / 13 / 16 / 19
Detonation damage: 75 / 120 / 165 / 210 / 255 (+1.9 per target's magic resistance)

Anuramorphose
Evil Eye (Passive): Yaga's attacks curse the target, slightly increasing the damage they take from all sources for 5 seconds. Stacks 5 times.
(Active): Yaga channels for 2 seconds to unleash a curse on her target: turning them into a frog for a few seconds. The effects of polymorph render the target unable to attack or cast abilities, as well as slowing them by 40%.
Blunder Bonus - Frog you!: If Yaga is disrupted, the curse is instantly unleashed on the source of the disruption instead of her original target.
Cost: 100 mana
Cooldown: 120 / 100 / 80 seconds
Range: 1200
Duration 2 / 2.75 / 3.5 (+1 second per 250 ability power)
Evil Eye Debuff: 1 / 2 / 3 % (+2% per 100 ability power) [/B]

Notes:
  • Secondary casts of Clumsy Strike can also trigger Blunder, allowing Yaga to cast the skill three or even four times. If you don't want to use all your Blunder, you have to embrace the 1 second self-stun or aim to miss (as Blunder only applies if she damages an enemy).
  • Blue Rose Special's base mana regeneration covers the upkeep cost starting at rank 3. It would take 60 / 15 / 8.6 seconds for the skill to cover the activation cost, not factoring the percentile bonus.
  • The "too far away" mechanic is shared by Maokai and Anivia, and is approximately 1000-1200 from the center of the ability.

Lore
For regular folk, Bogey Mama’s myth is just an old wives' tale told by mothers to scare their unruly kids. That of an old hag, with the proverbial fancy for young flesh, who roams the sky upon her broomstick granting cursed wishes as she goes (and enjoying the mayhem that ensues). For Yaga however, that’s how her own story began. A young yordle prodigy of the chemistry department of the great Academy of Piltover, an excess of enthusiasm can bring about clumsy disasters.

The irony of fate taught Yaga just that, when the Elixir of Agility she had developed started attacking her nervous system. Poisoned beyond remission, her life fading by the day, and as despair took over, that is when Bogey Mama chose to strike. What is a young and smart yordle to do when an infamous fairytale character appears before you with an offer to spare your life? Thus the yordle and the witch sealed a pact. By sharing such a bond Yaga’s life had been saved, and thus began the latest reign of Bogey Mama's title.

Yaga spent the years following as a student of witchcraft: practising the forgotten ways of old magic; granting wishes through curses and philtres; creating loves and sowing fears; bringing fertility; and eternal slumber. Each new pact strengthened her bond her to the old witch's grimoire, source of every Bogey Mama’s power since times immemorial. The same wits that made her a genius chemist made her into a potent witch. And so, fate repeated itself. Reading the wrong chapters far too soon, receiving secrets she could not handle, she completed the succession ritual. The witch's very essence had become her. With the yordle-sized grimoire at her back, the overwhelm young witch sought help of the magical timebomb ticking within her. It was only a few accidents later that the League of Legends offered to help tame the power... and protect Valoran from it.

“What an uncanny habit of tempting fate. Deadly, too.” - Yaga

Quotes
Upon selection
  • So far, so good!

Movement
  • Broom, brooooom!
  • Bra-bra-brooom.
  • Walking disaster
  • Everyone has a book to bear.
  • Following the curse of action.
  • No prince charming around? Good!
  • By the book.
  • So far, so good!
  • Don’t rush meee!
  • I know, I know
  • You sure?

Attacking
  • Carrying a book for you!
  • Accidents happen!
  • Don’t rush meee!
  • Come 'ere you ruffians!
  • [After skilling Evil Eye]: Ooh, aren't I wicked?

Taunt
  • Do you really think you can get this book off m--? (Animation where her book slams shut on her).

Joke
  • Are you seriously asking me what S.M. means?
  • - Step Mother, obviouuusly.
  • What’s the difference between the bad guy and a giant frog?
  • - 2 seconds... give or take channel time.

Casting "MAYDAY!"
  • Maayyydaayyy...
  • Going down!
  • Mayday, MAYDAY!

Casting “Ooops! I did it again”
  • - Ooops!
  • - Ooh, still got it.
  • - I've done it again!

Casting “Grab the cat!”
  • Grab the cat!!!
  • Get out of the way!
  • She gonna blow!

Casting "Frog you!"
  • Haha, that showed you!
  • Frog you!
  • Jokes on you!
  • Ff-- you shouldn't interupt a witch!"

Statistics
Attributes : Range, Mage, Support
Health : 400 (+81)
Health regen : 4.65 (+0.65)
Mana : 240 (+60)
Mana regen : 6.0 (+0.6)
Damage : 43 (+2.667)
Range : 500
Attack speed : 0.65 (+2.13%)
Armor : 14 (+3.5)
Magic resist : 30
Movement speed : 320

Background

Taking a look at the champion line up, I can’t help but notice some discrepancy in the fairy tale department. I mean, sure, there are plenty of knights in shining armor, though not quite the Prince Charming type, more the rugged ones. And, yeah, you certainly can find lovely princesses around, but they’re more likely to kick some ass than being damsels in distress. Aren’t they? Makes you wonder then, following these statistics, what should a big bad witch look like? Answering that question, I give you Yaga, the Stray Little Witch.

Yaga, the Stray Little Wich, is to be a polyvalent support character. She is a witch, wielder of the old magic: relying on the ancient knowledge of alchemy and enchantment to face any threat, cursing the enemy and making the ally’s job easier, rather than the raw destructive power of rune magic.

Yaga has an unusually large range of skill that allows her to face many situations, for her innate causes time-based switches in her abilities, allowing both peculiar combos, and psychological warfare.

As another representation of old magic, most of her abilities don't scale in damage: rather the duration or potency of the effect. In addition to her own ability, Yaga's abilities also scale from her enemy's magic resistance as it were bonus ability power.

Flavourful TL;DR:
  • Malleus Maleficarum: (Innate): Yaga draws her knowledge from an ancient grimoire, and interacts uniquely with ability power.
  • Fated Blunder (Resource): Holding far more power than she can control, Yaga’s chances of magical blunder raise by the second, generating blunders over time. Blunders empower her next abilities with additional effects.
  • Clumsy Swipe: Yaga dashes on her broomstick, crashing into the first enemy on the way, dealing moderate damage to nearby enemy units, and crippling their armor. Blunder will have her losing control, forcing take off or crashing.
  • S.M. Apple Series: Throws an enchanted apple at an enemy unit, dealing moderate damage and stuning them. Under pressure, Yaga sometimes gets the wrong apple, sending an XXL love apple that taunts instead.
  • Blue Rose Special: Yaga summons a magic cauldron at a target location, becoming impassable terrain, and refilling nearby allies by a percentage of their maximum health and mana each second while she stays close. A clumsy manipulation makes the pot explode, applying hazardous crowd control and dealing damage to nearby enemies 2 seconds after Yaga leaves range.
  • Anuramorphose: The unholy grimoire awakens, passively empowering the evil eye within yaga’s attacks. Opening the book allows her to channel her signature Anuramorphose curse upon a target. Given her blunder expectancy rate, tempering with her channeling is highly ill-advised...

All due credit goes to Opip for a wonderful idea, although I have and will continue to edit it on par with NA's feedback. Hope you like!

Reshi

10-25-2011

I think your "Malleus Malefricarum" is a little op, the global range and the disrupting effect for example.

"S.M. Apple Series" - I like the concept of "wrong apple" but I don't know about the duration.

"Blue Rose Special" - I like the concept, but I don't understand the math around the amount of healing.

"Clumsy Swipe" - 25% of mrr is to much and it doesn't have synergy with "Fated Blunder" in my opinion.

Anyway, I liked the concept, I think you only need a few adjustments and it will be fine.

See ya,
Reshi

3mptylord

10-25-2011

>I think your "Malleus Malefricarum" is a little op, the global range and the disrupting effect for example.
Reduced the range and channel time.

>"S.M. Apple Series" - I like the concept of "wrong apple" but I don't know about the duration.
Reduced the AP scaling, so the duration doesn't increase quite so scarily.

>"Blue Rose Special" - I like the concept, but I don't understand the math around the amount of healing.
You get healed for a base amount + a percentage of your maximum health/mana, what's not to get? If you have 1000 Health, you get healed for 7+8=15 per second at level 1.

>"Clumsy Swipe" - 25% of mrr is to much and it doesn't have synergy with "Fated Blunder" in my opinion.
Fair point, I didn't notice that. XD

>Anyway, I liked the concept, I think you only need a few adjustments and it will be fine.
Thanks for the support.

Zendella

11-21-2011

Oh wow. I've never even seen this champ and its remarkably similar to a champ concept I just recently put out >< Same ult with turning the enemy into a frog and everything lol

3mptylord

11-21-2011

Haha, I just saw it.

Quike911

01-06-2012

i love love love this champ i always wanted to see an old lady like champ kickin some asses in the league gj!

3mptylord

01-06-2012

That is her flavor.

"Come 'ere you ruffians!"

WonderBoy55

09-12-2012

I have no idea. Lol, she sounds very fun to play but her kit seems counterintuitive. Although by her description, counterintuitive is the intended design. Armor reduction for a magic damage dealer? More damage based on target MR? AP for Utility? Very bizarre, but it might work. I have no idea how to evaluate this.

3mptylord

09-12-2012

It was originally MR reduction, but since she scaled with MR it seemed counterlogical. She is a support: so an armor-shred isn't the worst thing.

RockJockey

09-12-2012

Perhaps her ultimate could deal a bit of damage or something, considering its essentially just an extended lulu polymorph.