Yoleth, The phase warrior.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ordaehn

10-24-2011

Yoleth
Keywords: Tank, Melee, Caster, Bruiser

Passive: Phasing
Upon being hit by a champion or every 5th basic attack, a Yoleth phases further into the nether generating a phasing charge. Each phasing charge reduces the damage Yoleth takes by 2%/3%/4% to a maximum of 5 stacks.

Ability: Shift/Return
When activated, Yoleth temporarily phases into the nether leaving only a body behind that takes 15% reduced damage. After two seconds, the body is ripped back to the hero doing 60/80/100/120/140 (+40%AP) damage to all enemies between his body and his soul. Upon crashing into his body, spirit energy is released dealing 40/80/100/120/140(+30%AP) damage to all nearby enemies. Phasing time is increased by .2 seconds per phase charge.
This ability can be activated again before the time runs out to yank the body to his soul, reversing the affect.
This ability can hit twice if the enemy is between the body and near the explosion.

Pros:
-Similar to a flash but done with walking.
- Can be used to fool enemies (i.e. Shift, and run one direction, enemy follows, return the other way)
- Good synergy with other abilities if used correctly.
- Can activate while chasing an enemy and use it to drop a nuke as well

Cons:
- Only moves at walking speed
- Body can be stunned/silenced/feared/etc to stop the second ability from triggering
- May be hard to aim if enemies aren't slowed/stunned
- Flashing will cause the body to jump and not the image

Overall: Useful ability both early and late. It allows him to initiate lategame without taking damage while he moves in (i.e. activate in grass run into enemy team). It can cause you problems if you expect it to work for to get away from every gank. The body still takes damage while he is running, so he can die.

Ability: Phase Punch
By phasing his hand into the nether, Yoleth is not bound by friction or the force of air, allowing his punches to exceed normal limits. May be used up to three times in succession.
Strikes an enemy for 40/60/80/100/120 (+30%AP) magic damage..
-Second Strike slows the enemy by 10/15/20/25/30% for 2.5 seconds and consumes a single phase charge.
-Third strike hits with such impact that it ignites the air around the enemy dealing 75% damage to all nearby enemies - Consumes two phase charges.

Pros:
- Strong melee attack that can be used to harass, run away, and chase.
- Has additional farming value when used with phase charges.

Cons:
- Can only be used in melee range
- Requires a short cooldown between each use making it more difficult to simply get in, triple hit, and get out.
- Limited to phase charges to have a real impact.

Overall: The ability seems a bit strange and weak, but after reading the other abilities it synergizes very well with his other abilities in multiple ways, such as chasing and swapping only a second charge with Shift to keep an enemy in range. Slow him, then get in front of him so that he takes the return damage and then the collision damage as well. Overall unique ability similar to lee sin, but activation requires phase charges.

Note: This ability is a bit misleading, but it actually hits three times for damage each time.

Ability: Ripple
Shifting into the void for .5 seconds, a ripple eminates in a (60 degree) cone infront of Yoleth causing 50/80/120/160/210(+20% AP) damage to nearby targets +1/2/3/4/5% additional based on number of charges and 1/2/3/4/5% based on distance.

Pros:
- Strong harassing and farming if used correctly.
- Good in team fights and provides additional AE.
- Useful when chasing or when being chased if used with other abilities.

Cons:
- Has a cast time that can make it easier to dodge.
- Hard to use if the enemy is nearby and requires some maneuvering.

Ultimate Ability: Inversion
- After 1 second enemies in a small area are pulled directly to Yoleth. Enemies take 60/80/100 per affected target (double for champions).
- Armor and Magic resistance are increased by 10/20/30 for each affected target for 6 seconds.

Pros:
- Great for use in team fights, but can be difficult to really use perfect if not prepared.
- Synergizes with Shift/Return because it activates from the body, so it can be used at the correct time just before he slams back into his body from his spirit.
- Lots of good uses with shift/return and phase punch/ripple to inflict a lot of AE damage.

Cons:
- Difficult to hit multiple target and not completely useful if the target is alone.
- Can cause more harm than good if used incorrectly.

Let me know what you think... Work in progress!

Dream Glitched

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

i like the concept of the champion but alot of his abilities could be buffed, and i think the passive needs a rework cause having to be attacked before you can do more damage is very UP, that being said i think something like karmas R empowering her abilities could fit really well with this champion.

His R should scale alot higher with the Amor and MR or after being pulled in Yoleth could release nether energy that stuns enemies for 1sec or 1.5seconds.

Not trying to be too critical if i sound it but its just my idea of what this champ could really excel in.

Ordaehn

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gli Glitched View Post
]i like the concept of the champion but alot of his abilities could be buffed, and i think the passive needs a rework cause having to be attacked before you can do more damage is very UP, that being said i think something like karmas R empowering her abilities could fit really well with this champion.
His passive actually works in two ways. He gains a charge every 5 basic attacks, or when he's hit by a champion. I am trying as much as possible to avoid having it like Karma because he is designed to be an aggressive champion, not passively stand back and wait for charges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gli Glitched View Post
His R should scale alot higher with the Amor and MR or after being pulled in Yoleth could release nether energy that stuns enemies for 1sec or 1.5seconds.
I agree that maybe his R should be buffed to 10/20/30 MR/AR for the shorter duration which would allow it to be used a bit more as a tanking ability.

Thanks for the comments.