Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tank items-We need some magic resist and one more item like AoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aircross

06-19-2010

Taric naturally has high armor, leaving me room in my inventory to get magic resist items.

I usually have Mercury Treads, Aegis of the Legion, and Chalice of Harmony give me magic resist. The defensive masteries also give me extra magic resist.

Sizatch

06-19-2010

I never saw why people get Guardian Angle. For a tank it's like saying "Why even target me?"

In my opinion Guardian Angel is useless, on tanks that is.

The Boz

06-19-2010

Unwanted extra effects like mana, ability power and health regen make MR items ineffective compared to Armor items.

StretchyStretch

06-19-2010

There should be an MR counterpart to sunfire cape, something with health and MR. Right now Aegis and Banshees are the only items with both health and MR and you're paying more for the other stats. Giant's Belt and Negatron Cloak should make something.

Kryptix

06-19-2010

I have to agree. I still don't get why Riot put a generally UP stat on the highest MR item in the game. There needs to be another MR item that's up there with FoN (anywhere from 60-80 MR) that doesn't have Health Regen. Maybe make it just have the MR and a UNIQUE Active?

Spoing

06-19-2010

Moonfire cape,
health
MR
passive: burns mana around you.
Lol

But would be nice, merc/banshee is the only good ones I use.

Wankeroo

06-19-2010

Quote:
JunkRamen:
FoN just needs to be buffed IMO.

WHat? No. This item is so goooooood it's crazy. I'm glad there are a tonne of people that don't realize how good it is. Epecially in combo with other items.

The Boz

06-19-2010

An MR/physical damage equivalent of Sunfire Cape: Shard Core
Lots of Health
A fair bit of MR
Physical damage AoE from swirly crystalline shards.

Garamor

06-19-2010

Quote:
Kryptix:
I have to agree. I still don't get why Riot put a generally UP stat on the highest MR item in the game. There needs to be another MR item that's up there with FoN (anywhere from 60-80 MR) that doesn't have Health Regen. Maybe make it just have the MR and a UNIQUE Active?

i totally disagree with you here... casters are not like physical dps...
being able to stack MR as high as the armor stat completely eliminates the effectiveness of a caster.

Physical dps rely slightly on abilities and heavily on quick auto attacks...
however a caster is useless once their spells are on cd. I don't feel that giving the ability to negate burst damage to a high degree is good because that's what casters typically have that physical don't.

you can easily get 150 MR with Merc, Veil and Aegis and I feel the option for more MR items is just a nuisance increasing the effectiveness of hard countering the only thing casters have going for them.

Gimpb

06-19-2010

More HP + MR items would be nice, the veil is a very strong one that fills the anti-magic survivability niche quite nicely. There is also the nearly-unused quicksilver sash; it doesn't have a big chunk of HP but the cleanse is a pretty big deal.

Honestly though, I think they'd be more carry items than tank items. It's not a big deal for a tank to have one MR item and one HP item but that's 2 non-damage slots for a carry.