AP katarina or AD katarina??

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juggernaut99

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

what is better,cheaper and easier to make on katarina... AP?? AD?? what is better and why is it better.. im am playin a lot with kat so i wanna know what is the best?

Petnavi

06-19-2010

AD since it's better overall. AD affects her Q and R plus her auto attack. At 1 bfs your Q could do 200-300 damage. Also, a good set up is: regrowth, bfs , magic pen boots, bfs, the slowing scepter then stack blood thristers

Edit: Also, she takes down towers really fast with AD

Myridus

06-19-2010

AD all the way. Only thing AP has over AD is that it requires a Rylai's Scepter so you get a slow. AD is simply better.

xDiamantx

06-19-2010

Man how many more of these are we going to get, I'll just repost what I posted before, hold on.

Edit:
In the laning phase AD Katarina is better however when you enter team fights Katarina's AP style helps a lot more. By using Rylai's Crystal Scepter with your ultimate you can slow 3 champions and deal massive damage to them, Katarina's late game pretty much completely relies on her AP while early game her AD outshines AP. In my opinion, late Katarina is usually focused and if not she does massive damage, I prefer AP for team fights because you want to score big in fights, not one person dies or something and then everyone scatters.

I do a bit of both, in a 1v1 AD Katarina would probably be a lot better than AP, if the opponent survives the ultimate or stuns her she has to rely on auto attack and shunpo to kill, since AD Katarinas usually use bloodthirsters, against a squishy she can auto attack them to death. AD Katarina can also take down towers and push faster.

In early game I start with Doran's Shield and I max bouncing blades while getting some shunpo and 1 point in Killer Instincts. Later on in the game I convert to AP since you need a bit of cash to use AP for your ultimate.

Ebonclaw

06-19-2010

Anyone who pays 3200g for Rylai's to add the snare on an AD build is shooting themselves in the foot.

If you really need that snare so badly to succeed, you may as well just stack up Blasting Wands, and see how much better you do.

That is, assuming the purchase of Rylai's, which is as expensive as a completed Bloodthirster - to get 500hp, a little damage on your Shunpo, and a slow proc (assuming you are otherwise AD build).

In my experience, AD is superior on SR, and AP is extremely potent on TT. The difference being, with 5v5 you NEED your Bouncing Blades to hit hard, to contribute to skirmishing at towers and such - you will just be forced to keep your distance more often than in 3v3.

RNS

06-25-2010

I play AP kat, because not that many people stack magic resist, it's a lot easier to kill folks imo.

Itorbeh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2010

Because she can be dynamically played both ways there exists a lot of room for debate against them both.

The truth is until you try them both and find out for yourself which one holds best to your playstyle either one could be best.

And that's the interesting thing I would like to reflect upon is that I have seen both do well, I find however AP Kat to be the most deadly and frustrating because her burst potential exists both in 1v1 AND in groups, Kat's ulti can still be used 1v1, remember that

Hope it's helped you out a bit, oh and Rylai's can make one heck of a difference with her ulti as it means people will be in it for longer.

Fluffy1

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNS View Post
I play AP kat, because not that many people stack magic resist, it's a lot easier to kill folks imo.
playing AP kat has no advantage in this regard, all her damage is magic damage regardless of the items your using to scale. sorc shoes and possibly a haunting guise are more than enough for AD kat.

Kairno

06-25-2010

i'm currently using a variation of this guide :
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=38513

and so far i have a 3:1 win/lose ratio on her with it

edit : in case you don't want to read the whole thing, it advises on ad katarina with survivability items added

rximmortal

06-25-2010

Facts:
Playing AD - You die easy no matter what you collect.
Playing Tank - You can't die but you do nothing and everyone ignores you.
Playing AP - You die hard (with the right build)

12345 ... 7