Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Which change would you like to see?

Increase stack duration and decrease maximum stacks. Reduce maximum stack power to compensate. 12 16.67%
Allow to stack on ability cast. Reduce maximum stack power to compensate. 14 19.44%
Increase stack duration by 1 second. Make new item for AD casters.. 19 26.39%
No change, fine as is. 27 37.5%
Voters 72 .

Should Sanguine Blade be changed?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elealar

Senior Member

10-25-2011

I think we should just raise the baseline to ~75/20% and allow 5 stacks (so it'd cap at 100/25%). This would mean it'd be worthwhile all the way rather than just after 4-5 stacks. Nothing else would need to be changed tho the map would need an additional item for AD casters. But I think Sanguine Blade is poorly suited for that anyways since AD casters are all about the burst and SB will always offer the worst damage in the start of the fight. Just a simple 3k "100 AD, flat" item would really help.

One way to change Sanguine viably would also be to make it start at full stacks and make it deal reduced damage with each additional attack, to a minimum of ~60/15%. It wants blood, not dragged out fights. This'd make it work when it's at its most important (in the start of each fight when carries do their primary, lethal burst and when AD casters use their abilities) and then be balanced by being weaker in longer fights. I think I'd prefer this to all the other solutions, to be honest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K J

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Sanguine Blade isn't meant for AD casters or tanky dps. AD casters already have plenty of high AD burst options out there, and tanky DPS have plenty of sustain and their damage doesn't need any buffs.

Riot doesn't want any champion can benefit from stacking damage to have nigh-infinite sustain. This should have already been apparent by the global -20% healing effects debuff.

By allowing a high-damage high-lifesteal item Riot would guarantee its purchase on EVERY champion that auto attacks or scales off AD. With the way it is now, Sanguine Blade is only really useful on ranged AD carries and Master Yi.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eldunari

Junior Member

10-25-2011

"- Does not stack on Abilities."

It sure as hell stacks with Ez's Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

Senior Member

10-25-2011

It's basically meant for carries, and only carries. If it gained stacks from abilities it'd be better than Entropy, which is the new 'raw damage' item for everyone else. It's fine as is really, but a 1 second increase on the stack timeout wouldn't hurt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Quote:
Elealar:
[...] make it start at full stacks and make it deal reduced damage with each additional attack, to a minimum of ~60/15%. It wants blood, not dragged out fights. This'd make it work when it's at its most important (in the start of each fight when carries do their primary, lethal burst and when AD casters use their abilities) and then be balanced by being weaker in longer fights.


Hi-larious! But I'd die a little inside every time I right clicked, haha.


Quote:
K J:
Riot doesn't want any champion can benefit from stacking damage to have nigh-infinite sustain. This should have already been apparent by the global -20% healing effects debuff.


Shouldn't that already be covered by the healing effects debuff?

If Yi can right click to heal I don't really see why Panth or Gurgot shouldn't be healing off the occasional autoattack between Q-bombs.

Quote:
By allowing a high-damage high-lifesteal item Riot would guarantee its purchase on EVERY champion that auto attacks or scales off AD. With the way it is now, Sanguine Blade is only really useful on ranged AD carries and Master Yi.


And that doesn't seem kind of limited?

It is the ONLY option in Dominion with both AD and lifesteal, but is good for... Yi.

I think that's a pretty good indication it needs some love.


Quote:
Eldunari:
It sure as hell stacks with Ez's Q.


Riven is jelly ):


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

10-25-2011

Quote:
lbgsloan:
It's basically meant for carries, and only carries. If it gained stacks from abilities it'd be better than Entropy, which is the new 'raw damage' item for everyone else.


If the stack power was reduced a bit so it was roughly equal to entropy, I think it could only help the game to have more than one high-AD item for those who are below 2.0 attackspeed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazman84

Senior Member

11-07-2011

Allow it to stack when your casts deal dmg, increase stack duration by 1-2s. Nothing else.


12