[New Champion Concept] Morath, The Pure Shadow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

10-24-2011

Morath, The Pure Shadow is my take on a new spin on what Stealth characters could be like in terms of how they fight, more specifically how they enter team fights.

The numbers presented here are obviously arbitrary and it's expected that some change would take place to balance the character out. All numbers will be base with no level ups. Mana costs have not been factored in. Thinking to potentially make skills cost Health.

Passive: The Depth of Shadow
For every 10 AP gained Morath gains +1 Movement Speed (i.e. if you get 10 AP your Movement Speed goes from 250 to 251).

Q: The Shadow's Grasp
Morath targets a single enemy for 60 Magic Damage (+ .5 AP ratio) and Blinds (was Fear) target enemy for 1 second. Enemies in a small radius around the target (say... 50 - 100ish?) are Blinded for 1 second.

W: Fade to Black
Morath dashes forward in a straight line. If he makes contact with any unit or reaches the end of his dash Morath then Stealths for 2 seconds (+ .2 sec per 50 Movement Speed).

E: Shadowed Blade
Morath dashes forward to deal 90 Magic Damage (+ .3 AP ratio) to an enemy within his path, if he makes contact with an enemy he can then target a single enemy to dash towards to deal a flat 100 Magic Damage to. (i.e. a variant of Ren's Dash, dash forward, if you hit an opponent you can then click on another target rather than just skill shot dash again).

R: Trailing Darkness
Morath creates two Shadow copies of himself for 5 seconds at his side. These Shadow copies will move exactly how Morath moves, attack the same target Morath attacks, and perform the same abilities Morath performs. The abilities performed by the Shadow copies will not perform the Blind effects and will add +.5 per 10 Movement Speed to Normal Attacks and +.5 per 5 Movement Speed Magic Damage to abilities used.

The idea for this character is to kind of break them away from the normal sit on the sideline while Stealthed tactic that Twitch and Eve have, where they Stealth for most of hte team fight (away from it) and then step in near the end to pick off stragglers. This character instead is designed to initiate (especially with the Blind) to get in the middle of combat, go invisible to hide who the target is and then strike (using the Nocturne ult mechanic a bit), while staying in the middle of combat to do even more damage.

An initiation, in my mind, could be this:

R
W to tank to Stealth
Q against AD carry
E to attack others, return to AD carry

W could be used to escape but not in the same fashion as Eve, Twitch, Shaco, etc where the Stealth is instant. Instead, even with the W, players chasing Morath could still have a chance to stop him from Stealthing by stunning, snaring, etc during the dash before he touches a unit or reaches the end of the dash.

The Q I believe could be also very useful against AD Carry/Support bottom lanes because you could Q the Support and if the AD Carry is close enough then they would be blinded. I don't believe the Blind should get much longer than what I have, maybe 1 second longer at most, so that the Q alone can't completely shut down a AD/Support lane.

Thoughts?

DarksideEric

10-24-2011

Small discussion bump.

DarksideEric

10-24-2011

Last one I'll do.

Requiem

10-24-2011

I like the concept, however the skills sounds rather dull.

DarksideEric

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviji View Post
I like the concept, however the skills sounds rather dull.
How so?

DarksideEric

10-25-2011

Removing Fear from Q.

Bigg Fuddgee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

the passive sounds kool, id maybe reverse it as well, for every added speed boost you get AP

Q: low damage

W: kool it matches with the passive

E: too many dashes you already have W

R: unique i like it

The damage ratios are UP and the R needs to be clarified more

DarksideEric

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Fuddgee View Post
the passive sounds kool, id maybe reverse it as well, for every added speed boost you get AP

Q: low damage

W: kool it matches with the passive

E: too many dashes you already have W

R: unique i like it

The damage ratios are UP and the R needs to be clarified more
Suggestions?

DarksideEric

10-25-2011

UPDATE

Morath, The Pure Shadow is my take on a new spin on what Stealth characters could be like in terms of how they fight, more specifically how they enter team fights.

The numbers presented here are obviously arbitrary and it's expected that some change would take place to balance the character out. All numbers will be base with no level ups. Mana costs have not been factored in. Thinking to potentially make skills cost Health.

Passive: The Depth of Shadow
For every 10 AP gained Morath gains +1 Movement Speed (i.e. if you get 10 AP your Movement Speed goes from 250 to 251).

Q: The Shadow's Grasp
Morath targets a single enemy for 60 Magic Damage (+ .5 AP ratio) and Blinds (was Fear) target enemy for 1 second. Enemies in a small radius around the target (say... 50 - 100ish?) are Blinded for 1 second.

W: Fade to Black
Morath dashes forward in a straight line. If he makes contact with any unit or reaches the end of his dash Morath then Stealths for 2 seconds (+ .2 sec per 50 Movement Speed).

E: Shadowed Blade
Morath targets a single enemy to deal 90 Magic Damage (+ .3 AP ratio) if this attack is performed when Morath has less than 50% Health, Morath may target a second enemy (or the original target) and he will move to them to perform a second slash to deal a flat 100 Magic Damage to.

R: Trailing Darkness
Morath creates two Shadow copies of himself for 5 seconds at his side. These Shadow copies will move exactly how Morath moves, attack the same target Morath attacks, and perform the same abilities Morath performs. The abilities performed by the Shadow copies will not perform the Blind effect and will add +.5 per 10 Movement Speed to Normal Attacks and +.5 per 5 Movement Speed Magic Damage to abilities used.

The idea for this character is to kind of break them away from the normal sit on the sideline while Stealthed tactic that Twitch and Eve have, where they Stealth for most of hte team fight (away from it) and then step in near the end to pick off stragglers. This character instead is designed to initiate (especially with the Blind) to get in the middle of combat, go invisible to hide who the target is and then strike (using the Nocturne ult mechanic a bit), while staying in the middle of combat to do even more damage.

An initiation, in my mind, could be this:

R
W to tank to Stealth
Q against AD carry
E to attack others, return to AD carry

W could be used to escape but not in the same fashion as Eve, Twitch, Shaco, etc where the Stealth is instant. Instead, even with the W, players chasing Morath could still have a chance to stop him from Stealthing by stunning, snaring, etc during the dash before he touches a unit or reaches the end of the dash.

The Q I believe could be also very useful against AD Carry/Support bottom lanes because you could Q the Support and if the AD Carry is close enough then they would be blinded. I don't believe the Blind should get much longer than what I have, maybe 1 second longer at most, so that the Q alone can't completely shut down a AD/Support lane.

Thoughts?