Veigar suck in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imfrknbad

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockii View Post
I love to play Veigar. He's my second main after Ashe.

But now when Dominion came out. He is just useless.

His 90-cooldown ultimate is such a ****. I can kill someone (in 1v1) 1 time per 2 minutes. But others champion like Akali or Xin Zhao or Master Yi can kill a lot in 2 minutes.

So my point is he is useless in dominions.

What Riots gonna do about some never-been-picked-in-Dominion champions ?

Who elses got other champion that seem to be useless in Dominions. Just post it here.
He's actually not that bad. Thing is dominion isn't SR you have to travel with someone who can protect you and you have to be cautious. In dominion you rly only want one squishy per team. I guess what I'm saying is he's a circumstancial pick. I've done well with him though. A good note is you want good hands from the mastery tree LOL.

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbongtime View Post
so, why all the hate on veiger? event horizon and baleful make him an excellent caster/support, you should ALWAYS be with a tank or dps character, never solo glass cannons, youll die in dominion by somebody smart rollin with a partner, if your not at least two deep there better be a reason, and repeatedly balefuling until they realize they are about dead THEN E>W>Q if u gotta, but most people that complain about veiger are not using the stun, you dont want them stunned with 100% health, THEY WILL EAT YOU, poke em, prod em, use your w if they get close, but you shouldnt be using your stun alone, unless your MUST be playing defense in a turret.
Veigar hate? I'm being realistic.

Veigar does not fit the needs of the metagame in Dominion. Dominion is a game based on capturing and defending points, which requires high mobility, effective farming, and and ability to win duels constantly. Veigar lacks the tools to do any of these things effectively without INORDINATE amounts of killsteals. He doesn't defend points well nor does he push them because he can't farm well. He doesn't duel well because his base damages and cooldowns do not permit him to do high damage. And of course he doesn't have high mobility, so his map presence is very weak when combined with how situational his kit is.

This is also why Dominion is bruiser oriented. Most bruisers are highly mobile, have good tools for gaining the edge in duels when played correctly, and a lot of them are actually good farmers.

Similarly Kassadin and Karthus thrive in the Dominion meta because they duel, defend, and farm well. Karthus's ult also has global utility, while Kassadin has a non-targeted blink that gives him extra mobility.

If you want a good support in Dominion, play Sona. She's a lot more mobile than Veigar, has more utility than he does, and she duels and farms better than he does, especially since she can be played simultaneously as a ranged AD carry in Dominion.

itsbongtime

01-30-2012

i have never seen a sona farm better, duel, maybe, but farming with veiger is a cakewalk, just time it. as is holding a turret

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockii View Post
What Riots gonna do about some never-been-picked-in-Dominion champions ?
Hopefully nothing. It isn't a bad thing that a game can have some characters that are useless.