Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Veigar suck in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EinzigerAI

01-29-2012

Quote:
Chardman:
If you place his stun so the enemy champ is right on the edge of it, you can stun then and land your spell.

Repeat and rinse = dead champ

It's not so much about landing the stun as the fact it puts up a huge "DONT GO HERE" zone in the lane and it can easily delay a push from the enemy team or disrupt a retreat.

Infirc

01-29-2012

But in Sr you level slower than In CS, so you cant actually farm your Q on the CS, you should play him a little different, you should Start with 2 points in Q and 1 point in E then lvl W at lvl 4 and Max it first then Q, windmill fight is cake with The Meteor.

MVpmack

01-29-2012

Veigar has an AoE stun on a tiny CD and a huge damage W. He won't win fights by himself but he's absolutely fantastic with a well-coordinated team. W gets a lot of damage in teamfights either directly by hitting people or indirectly by forcing enemies to run and eat teammate DPS while they're doing it.

Is he top tier? I don't think so. However, is he viable? Absolutely.

Mr SafetyDancer

01-29-2012

I found I could play as a bit of a game changer as Veigar by getting CDR and HP. Event Horizon and then Dark Matter anyone who got caught in it. Save the ult for AP Carries, the Q for cleaning up in team fights/minion waves. He's not OP by any stretch, but he can deny a cap pretty hard.

A2ZOMG

01-29-2012

Quote:
GoldenTakeshi:
Veigar does not suck (neither does annie for that matter). You have to change your playstyle in order to do decently with him and not expect you will be able to farm up your big nuke in order to do all of your damage.

The biggest problem with "X CHAMPION SUCKS ON DOMINION!!!" posts is that people dont realize they need to change their playstyle on dominion and stick with glass cannon, feedworthy builds where you wonder why you are constantly getting 1shot over and over by carries.

Stop building glass cannon veigar, learn your place on the map, and it will become a far better champion. I've seen many decent and respectable veigars on dominion.
I play a decent Veigar in Dominion, but I can safely say he's easily a bottom 5 champion in the Dominion meta.

The Dominion meta is primarily bruiser oriented, and Veigar thrives against casters, which are much fewer in number besides Karthus and Kassadin really.

And sure his stun is alright although on an extremely long coolown. You also do no damage most of the time, and full on 5v5 battles are extremely uncommon in Dominion, which is one thing that makes Veigar useful in SR.

If I wanted to stun a lot of people, I'd rather play Jax or Riven. Given they actually can kill people, while Veigar generally can't without a lucky KS. Sion also has a stun that is in many ways more practical than Veigar's, and he duels a lot better than Veigar does too. In fact for most of the game, Garen's 2.5 second silence is more practical than Veigar's stun, given how much of an advantage it gives him in actually killing people early on, which is important for snowballing.

Oh and Poppy is really common in Dominion. And she hard counters Veigar. Not to mention Kassadin, Rammus, Garen, Jax. He does get to kill Karthus though, and the occasional ranged AD carry. Although mind you his long ultimate cooldown RAPES him.

He's better than basically say...Galio, Amumu, Malphite, and Nunu who are in an unfortunate position where they can really only do anything in Dominion with long cooldown ultimates, and their ultimates aren't even practical for the metagame. Other than that easily one of the least competitive picks in Dominion. He can't duel unless he gets a TON of kses, and he's only good for one thing (his 20ish second cooldown stun), while many other champions can defend, farm, and kill much better than he can.

Yaladilae

01-30-2012

good event horizon = ouch x10000000

and your ult, takes out an ap carry pretty much in a team fight

Encouraging

01-30-2012

I see him do ok.

He brings an aoe stun to a game that centers around team fights.

His ult is really good when it is up, since people can really get their AP stacked in dominion.

He does lack damage a bit, he needs to stick to (stand behind) at least one teammate.

Shaxtenn

01-30-2012

My problem when I tried Veigar in Dominion was...

Mobile assassins would skip past event horizon, dive on me, and kill me instantly.
Tanky DPS would survive my stun and burst, dive on me, and kill me slightly more slowly.

Event Horizon was very nice in groups, and he throws out some nice burst. I didn't feel useless, I got some kills. I just felt dead any time one of the enemy stronk meta champions was on my screen, looking in my direction. He doesn't have an answer to bruisers (besides DFG), and he lacks the overpowered mobility of Kass/LB/Ahri/Fizz/etc.

A2ZOMG

01-30-2012

Quote:
Shaxtenn:
Event Horizon was very nice in groups, and he throws out some nice burst. I didn't feel useless, I got some kills. I just felt dead any time one of the enemy stronk meta champions was on my screen, looking in my direction. He doesn't have an answer to bruisers (besides DFG), and he lacks the overpowered mobility of Kass/LB/Ahri/Fizz/etc.
And this bro is why Veigar is the 5th worst character in Dominion.

Not to mention he's actually a terrible farmer for most of the game. And farming is still hugely important in Dominion.

itsbongtime

01-30-2012

so, why all the hate on veiger? event horizon and baleful make him an excellent caster/support, you should ALWAYS be with a tank or dps character, never solo glass cannons, youll die in dominion by somebody smart rollin with a partner, if your not at least two deep there better be a reason, and repeatedly balefuling until they realize they are about dead THEN E>W>Q if u gotta, but most people that complain about veiger are not using the stun, you dont want them stunned with 100% health, THEY WILL EAT YOU, poke em, prod em, use your w if they get close, but you shouldnt be using your stun alone, unless your MUST be playing defense in a turret.