akali problems / collector's pack

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ixcel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2010

are there any akali players out there? i don't see anyone using her whenever im watching my level 30 friend play the game.

i've seen many posts and have tried akali a month ago on my friends account and she really did seem to rely on her team, they must begin the fight and you need to sneak in for a free kill.. but its impossible to do such thing when you're being matched up with feeders or leavers! >.<

her early game is indeed very exciting due to mark of assasin's beautiful damage but i still prefer katarina over her mid/end game wise or even any single champion out there lawl.

after starting off with mark of assasins i get level 1 of every ability and usually start mastering cresent slash because its pretty weak and at the same time i master mark of assasin and obviously i level my ult when i can. i basically treat twilight shroud as garbage because i can't dodge ranged attacks when i attempt to avoid it by casting it, the slow is okay but other champions can slow for better :/

shadow dance annoys me to hell because i have to wait 25 seconds just to use it once a minute and 15 seconds for three dashes.. and the range isn't as long as i expected :/

Temlam

06-18-2010

she has good 1 on 1 burst.

the point of shroud is 2 things. 1) if used in the right place you can usually escape in up to 3 different brushes while watching what your enemy thinks you'll do.
2) the armor it gives and the fact that fighting in it after the changes they made will actually make it difficult for auto attack style champions to fight you 1 on 1.

Building up shadow stacks happens naturally easily. The key is not to waste them when you're going to need them, but generally it's also nice to waste them all game when you hit 3 lol.

Do you build dps or AP?
SOme people I think go dps which is seriously wrong, some people go hybrid and I think even that is wrong. Rageblade and then straight ap is usually the best way to play akali.

She isnt so much a ganker when played right tbh, she can add a decent burst to a team fight with cresent and it's low cooldown (while inside shroud usually. Only do this if you think your team has a good chance of winning if you do, if not you probably wont escape)

kat probably is the better choice for a ninja, I really cannot lie about that. They buffed her into an almost OP standing if not for the lacking of CC.

Ixcel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-19-2010

when im in a situation where i must retreat, i try to use twilight shroud and go in the brushes but the enemies seem to expect that from me so they go right in the bushes forcing me to go back to my shroud >.> the slows and stuns never get this irritating.. x_x

i tried those three different builds and found dps pretty delicious, because cresent slash without any AD is a little.. meh :S

i didn't really enjoy ap and hybrid because shadow dash isn't really all that powerful to begin with :x
i feel that she really lacks health and want to give her some hp with rylais.

other champions seem alot easier to decide but for akali, i don't know she's too confusing and i can't choose a correct build for me.

is it really wrong to go dps? i really like slashing things with her kama and find it very valuable for increasing cresent slash's damage..

Temlam

06-19-2010

well, by getting only rageblade as damage, end game I'm usually doing like 350 damage with auto attacks simply because I get like 80% magic damage out of building so much ap.
shadow only has a .5, cresent is a measly .3 and would be .6 if you were damage (but damage is also much more expensive, so remember that part) but mark does .8 if you get the melee hit in which should be no problem.

spell vamp is so gimped as a passive tbh, much better to make use of the other passive.

Show me the item that gives you 25% more AD.

I mean honestly, for 1k gold you get 25% of what? probably 400 ap. that's so much more beneficial.

you can get twice the ap as damage from ap items, so by that account cresent is just as strong no matter what you build. Building ap makes your auto attacks stronger, not by as much but honestly auto attacking isnt akalis thing anyway aside from the small amounts needed to destroy the opponent.

Ixcel

06-19-2010

just tried her with my friends account again (it has been a month that i have played her)

started off with a long sword and oddly bought another long sword then i made my merc treads and upgraded my swords to a brutalizer everything else was okay and i didn't rely on my team at all.. o.0
i got a void staff and started doing "okay" damage but the game was over when i was planning to build rylais..

we were winning but four of our teamates agreed to surrender for no reason... >.>

enemy katarina went tank build yet did massive damage with ult (even a lv.1 death lotus x.x)
but that katarina died like 5 times in 3 minutes lawl (yes early game, with revive) such a horrible player was carrying the team... >.>