Correct Bot Yorick Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Lol this thread cracks me up. EVERYONE is downvoted except the guys that say how bad everyone's ideas are.

I guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree about how to build Yorick.

I Go Fetus Deep

10-25-2011

I build him the same way nearly everytime and it almost always seems to be effective

I start my builds like this..

Begining of game:
Tears, Boots, 2 HP pots (sometimes because a lot of times I just forget to use pots)

First Time back:
Depending on if I go back due to somehow getting outlaned for whatever rare reason or if I pushed the tower I will always get my boots of lucidity (CD Boots) First and get a manumane (Mind my spelling)

Second time back:
Spirit Visage, it is absolutely amazing just how much healing is refunded by his E

Then depending on if I am getting pushed and pressured I will buy either an Atma's Impaler or Warmog's but will usually go with a Warmog's first simply because when you already are healing as much as you are with Spirit Visage + E combined with the CD reducs from your boots and spirit visage and all you can nearly spam your E.

At this point I have:
Boots of Lucidity
Manumane
Spirit Visage
Warmogs
Atmas

And leading into my final item I will usually go with an odyn's veil just simply because the 10% reduc to damage + magic resist is pretty clutch at maintaining your life against the burst casters that can sometimes pollute dominion

Basically I have been able to 1v1 due to the healing and heavy damage any champ other than Jax and that was back when you could stack gunblades haven't played him much since but I have never failed to force the other team to demand 2 sometimes 3 champs to come help control bot against me or me and a team mate.

In terms of skills I max E>W>R>Q yes your Q is a huge damage dealer but the ability to non stop harass with his range spells such as E and W is just impossible to wane from. His Q is a huge dealer but it is more from the AD than the base damage so maxing E for the healing refund and W for the heavy range harass is priceless

If your skills are not on CD then you are doing it wrong, spam spam spam you won't have mana issues so SPAM SPAM SPAM

The focus of this build is Early game CDR for nonstop harass that will sometimes push bot lane before windmill can even be capped. Midgame you are focusing on your health regren thru spells. and Late game you are building AD and Defense.

Summoner spells I go with Promote and then more a situational choice of playstyle, I go with either Garrison or Ghost. And for my mastery build I go with a 9/0/21 to max my CDR and go with AD Marks, Armor Yellows, Magic Resist Blues and Armor pen Quints... the AD marks are more just to help your early game harass build ASAP

Detrium

10-25-2011

Recent Yorick player here <==

I've been doing really well with Yorick bottom, last night however I went against Soraka and couldn't push back. All she did is run around and starfall / healing.

What are you supose to do VS soroka?

Rickert

10-25-2011

Why don't people build warmog? You can tank early game for your team with your passive, and deal decent damage with your skills + your passive. Late game, you can still deal heavy damage. Yorick is not weak late game in term of damage. After warmog, atma, with a zeal you can crit regularly, the damage is almost like a real dps.

Later you can buy atmag, which give you more defensive as well as offensive power.

Mana is NOT an issue, since you may die before you're out of mana, or you always have mana supply.

My runes:
- Red: Armor Pen
- Yellow: Armor
- Red: MR
- Quint: 2 health+1 ArPen

ChaoticHypnotic

10-25-2011

1. Start with Kindlegem and Boots
2. Upgrade to Spirit Visage and Ionian Boots
3. Catalyst (using heal/mana for sustain - upgrade to Odin at 18)
4. Warmog
5. Atma
6. Trinity

Marks: MPen
Seals: Scaling Armor
Glyphs: MR
Quints: Move Speed

0-9-21

Start with 1 point in Q, W, E. Max E first, then W, then Q (taking R whenever you can).

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticHypnotic View Post
1. Start with Kindlegem and Boots
2. Upgrade to Spirit Visage and Ionian Boots
3. Catalyst (using heal/mana for sustain - upgrade to Odin at 18)
4. Warmog
5. Atma
6. Trinity

Marks: ArPen
Seals: Scaling Armor
Glyphs: MR
Quints: Move Speed

0-9-21

Start with 1 point in Q, W, E. Max E first, then W, then Q (taking R whenever you can).
I can get on board with this. Had to downvote in the spirit of this thread though. Sorry.
You might consider AD/lvl reds and maybe quints. Armor pen does not help any of your summons whereas AD does. So it has the advantage...if you can afford a seperate rune page.
You might consider CDR glyphs too. Ionic/SV = 25% CDR. 6% mastery = 31%. You could come close to maxing with 6% CDR runes.

Warrrrax

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrium View Post
Recent Yorick player here <==

I've been doing really well with Yorick bottom, last night however I went against Soraka and couldn't push back. All she did is run around and starfall / healing.

What are you supose to do VS soroka?
Interesting that she uses starfall. Most boost their silence thingee which is annoying since she gets it off before you can use your 2 nukes. So you have to use the brush, which is bad since it gives her dibs on the middle healthpak.

Make sure to get promote. She doesnt have much 1 target damage so its hard for her to kill. Thats a good spell anyways for bottom Y.

Remember that you push hard too. A Q on the big creep, aoe W, and E on big creep wipes out the wave quickly and spams zombies to chase after enemy champs. Normally you nuke them directly, but I can see that people a problem with pushy Soroka.

ChaoticHypnotic

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
I can get on board with this. Had to downvote in the spirit of this thread though. Sorry.
You might consider AD/lvl reds and maybe quints. Armor pen does not help any of your summons whereas AD does. So it has the advantage...if you can afford a seperate rune page.
You might consider CDR glyphs too. Ionic/SV = 25% CDR. 6% mastery = 31%. You could come close to maxing with 6% CDR runes.
Boo for downvote!! If it's for thread consistency though, I guess I'll take it.

Good points on the runes.

EDIT: Actually, I just double-checked. I've been using MPen Marks, not ArPen. Still prefer scaling AD?

Aloretec

10-25-2011

Your ghouls scale of attack damage and health. The more health you have the longer they last. So you don't need to cast them as often. Going for 40% cool down isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Ghouls have a 1:1 armor pen ratio. Ghost blade isn't the worst idea. If you are going CDR.

If you check the charge on manamune or tear. You'll note the game generally ends with it roughly at 600-700 hundred. Making it not cost effective on dominion.

Experiments. Example-cool down boots, frozen mallet, atma, OV. Sounds viable.

You're main stats to build to be effective are health and dmg though.

Nephwrack

10-25-2011

Personally - and your mileage may vary; I'm not going to say this is the CORRECT build but it's worked extremely well for me - I start with Tears+Boots 1. Rush Manamune/Merc treads, Tabi if for some reason you need armor. Beyond that I generally build Frozen Heart, Odyn's Veil, Warmog's, Atma's in an order entirely dependent on the enemy team, prioritizing Glacial Shroud if possible; Atma's is also awesome but frankly I don't actually get to build it too often - games tend to end after Odyn's/Frozen Heart.

Basic explanation: it's pretty blatantly a basic tanky derps build. Manamune actually stacks extremely well on Yorick in Dom, I hit 800+ even on the shorter games, and most importantly it lets me build tanky while still getting damage. The mana from Frozen Heart/Odyn's adds damage on top of the tankiness, while Frozen Heart gives me all the CDR I need for incessant ghoul spam and ult being up whenever I need it. Odyn's gives health/mana and a bit of damage for Manamune+its passive. Atmogs is just sort of an... obvious choice. It adds damage.... and it adds survivability. The regen, coupled with otherwise tanky and lifesteal ghoul, makes him an immovable object that can still do pretty solid damage.

There's no ranked dom so I can't claim to be 3999 plat and all, but it's worked very well for me so far - won every game that wasn't plagued by leavers/afkers, and a few that DID have leavers. Just push bot and force them to send 1-2 to counter you constantly, freeing up your team to take everything else.

Disclaimer: I don't play on this account anymore, look up Cryswar if you really want to comment on my horrible performance or low ELO or whatever.

EDUT: E is an obvious first max, I prioritize Q or W afterwards depending on who I have to deal with. Morde has to get in close to Q me so I max Q in order to Q him right back; Heimer and Brand would be much better served by W spam. Q is much better for pushing down promoted minions, though - MUCH lower cooldown and dramatically higher damage gives you a passable, spammable nuke.