Correct Bot Yorick Build?

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

10-24-2011

Can't believe no one else is opening with Catalyst. Games finish fast enough that you usually don't even need to build something out of it. It gives you all the HP and Mana you need at the start, and a constantly proccing regen. Nothing gives you more early sustain.

TouchinMyself

10-24-2011

Personally i go triforce then tanky to counter when defending. I have seen people be successful with TF/Manamune/Gunblade though.

TheSwagDandy

10-24-2011

look at my dominion spotlight yorick

Snakefinger

10-24-2011

Manamune is over-rated on Yorick in dominion

I like an early catalyst or sheen depending on how tanky the opposing team is

Krshna

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefinger View Post
Manamune is over-rated on Yorick in dominion

I like an early catalyst or sheen depending on how tanky the opposing team is
Manamune is terrible to build on Dominion for Yorick. Why? Cause you don't need the Mana. If you build Manamune, you are stuck with all this extra useless Mana.

I never ever build Manamune on Yorick in Dominion, and I also never have Mana issues. Which means Manamune is totally unneccessary.

Hikaru Genji

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krshna View Post
Manamune is terrible to build on Dominion for Yorick. Why? Cause you don't need the Mana. If you build Manamune, you are stuck with all this extra useless Mana.

I never ever build Manamune on Yorick in Dominion, and I also never have Mana issues. Which means Manamune is totally unneccessary.
Then you're doing it wrong, completely. Tear or Chalice start with full MP/5 runes, prioritizing CDR, I can still go 100% to 0% mana with ease. I can also defend 1v3 bot lane and win... If you think Yorick is an autoattack champ who doesn't need mana, you really don't know him at all.

Finanzamt

10-25-2011

No mana issues at all?

Then you never faced a good Heimer or Swain ...
To compete with them you have to spam and harass like a boss - therefor you need all the mana you get.

And why is Manamune a bad choice?
Pushing bot like mad stacks Tear and you have enough mana to justify Manamune after buying a Sheen.
After that Manamune only gets better in terms of spent gold.

Greetings

SirCumference

10-25-2011

My god so much bad advice here

Moo 777

10-25-2011

Been enjoying Yorick in the last few matches that I've been fortunate enough to have actually que after 20 minutes.

I've also taken the Tear + Boots, Manamune route. Then, barring unusual match-up circumstances, it's on to spirit visage then sheen. After that I've actually found it really helpful to go with the ranged snare on bilgewater cutlass if I've been lucky enough to still be 1v1 on bot lane. The ranged snare is just invaluable as an additional tool to utilize for finishing someone up that you've been harassing, and there really is no solution for many people to it.

Also, never underestimate the power of executioner's calling on Dominion vs. many many people. It's at least a reasonable item for Yorick, and having something you can bomb to finish off spellsteal people every 30 seconds is crucial.

Glad to hear of other people's builds. Good luck to everyone!

Mathaios

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

I like going:
Tears+Boots
->Lucidity
->Warmogs
->Atmas
->Manamune
Then whatever suits better to counter their team.

1234567 ... 8