How do? Bot lane Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2014

Jax is an extremely strong duelist, and is supposed to do well vs most matchups bot lane, but I've had trouble with him bot lane whenever I've tried. I'm clearly doing it wrong.

How do? I especially have trouble with casters that can kite me, or champions that push extremely well that I can't seem to take out early.

When suggesting builds/masteries/runes, assume blind-queue, since that's all we can really play these days

The Fizznity

02-23-2014

Qwe max. Build sanguine/boots into situational. Visage for mr randuins/tabi/tmail for armor. Last whisper umuus for damage. Defense masteries ms quints Arpen reds armor yellows mr/lvl blues. I'll make a couple of Jax cards in a bit. There's a Tanky anti kite build I like.

ZallKlos

02-23-2014

Hydra counter pure push strategies.

Ghostblade, QSS, speed shrine, Botrk, Cleanse, Exhaust, cdr can be used to counter kite.

Jax does have a weak early game.

Eagle37

02-23-2014

You can build jax Ipoounicorn style and use rylais. Whatever you build on him you should be able to wreck most match-up past 6. Time your ult + q aa w as harass and then dive them under tower for kill when you push all the way. Don't take unnecessary dmg trying to chase a champ that can kite you. Use your combo walk away ...rinse and repeat.

Paqi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle37 View Post
Use your combo walk away ...rinse and repeat.
When I adopt this strategy, I find I end up faced with an overwhelming minion wave (if I'm facing a good pusher). How do I harass and keep the wave in check?

Paqi

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paqi View Post
When I adopt this strategy, I find I end up faced with an overwhelming minion wave (if I'm facing a good pusher). How do I harass and keep the wave in check?
Note, this could have to do with me using sub-optimal builds / ability progressions in the past, making my harass less effective, thus allowing my opponent to continue to safely push where they might otherwise have to back.

Koravel

02-23-2014

I have to disagree with RC's suggested build. And while most of the time the path is rqwe, there are certain matchups that you should go rqew.

Unless you need the lifesteal to deal with a certain matchup, such as, say, Lee Sin or a long-ranged mage that you need to ls stuff back, I feel like going Ghostblade or even directly into Triforce gives him far more burst damage and lets him win most lanes harder and earlier than he would otherwise. And if you do need the lifesteal, Hydra is going to be better in nearly every situation, since Jax's waveclear is his primary weakness bot lane and Hydra helps him deal with that.

Ghostblade -> *Triforce* -> Last Whisper -> *Ravenous Hydra* -> Randuins Omen/Frozen Heart vs ADs/Spirit Visage vs APs

Lucid boots, Ninja Tabi, or Merc treads depending on the situation.

Triforce and Hydra may need to be swapped in build order if you dont have enough waveclear to deal with your opponent's push, Hydra may even need to be built first, prior to ghostblade, in certain situations. And ofc, defensive items may need to be prioritized if you are doing poorly, possibly even a thornmail in some situations.

Note that ghostblade is not 100% necessary. It is mainly used as a gap closer, if you are doing fine getting to your opponent you might want to hold off on getting it until later.

Paqi

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel View Post
Hydra may even need to be built first, prior to ghostblade, in certain situations.
If it's because you're getting outpushed, could you stop at tiamet and then build your usual before finishing hydra?

Koravel

02-23-2014

You could, I suppose. However, the extra lifesteal from Hydra is most likely going to be very well utilized against people who are pushing on you.

The Fizznity

02-24-2014

I was sourcing my build from a reconstructed version of konfeedtearious's, since he was having wet dreams over sanguine's dueling power early game. Jax can build a lot of different stuff, and in fact, this is my preferred Jax build:

http://dominiontierlist.heliohost.or...ds/JaxCard.png