Best Dominion Champs/meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RobReefer

01-10-2013

Hi guys! My name is Rob and I just started using the forums. This will be my very first post in the forums. It ended up being a bit lengthy but I hope you enjoy it!

I have done a little research lately, reading about who the best dominion champs are, whether or not there is any sort of a meta and decided to submit my own for review. Please have a look and throw in some constructive criticism where fit.

*My background*
I'll start by saying that I began playing League of Legends in Dominion about 6-7 months ago. I played all of the way to 30 in Dominion mode. As of now I have over 1300 matches and a dismal 672 wins :/ I feel like the Dominion community is far less critical and nearly never "nerd rages" on their teammates making the game more fun to play! I recently crossed over to normal matches and began playing ranked games. My elo is in the meager 1300-1400 range but I feel I am getting better.

My idea of a good Dominion Meta

A few things that, in my opinion, make a great dominion team are high mobility, global ults for capture disruption, tanky cc for further disruption and casting turret abilities for even more turret capture disruption. Furthermore, low cool downs on ults such as Riven's, Kassadin's, Akali etc are very nice in Dominion. Unlike summoners rift where team fights are spaced out, allowing for ults to be reset in time for team fights; in dominion, team fights are constant. Also, AoE is great for Dominion. You can interrupt several champs channeling the turret! Simply put, the 5 different positions in my meta consist of:

a.) CC Top
b.) AD Top
c.) AP Top
d.) Jungle Top
e.) Bot

Bot (AD or AP)

A great bot champ is able to long range harass and the ability to out last most players under turret during dives. Mobility is great and the ability to lay turrets are a huge plus. Here are my picks for bot lane:

1.) Zyra: Absolutely great at pushing, decent range and I have seen her take 3 or even 4 people on turret with her flowers attacking and a well timed hourglass. Furthermore, the AOE ult with CC is amazing. Awesome bot lane pick.

2.) Heimer: Same as Zyra and an awesome bot pick.

These others are good if you're NOT comfortable with the first two. Great bot lanes for their global ults to help top and other turrets.

A.) Ezreal: Great harass and awesome mobility. Although he lacks the ability to take on several champs under turret. Awesome pick for his global ult though!

B.) Gangplank: Lacks a lot of range but makes up for ability to tank under turret. Awesome pick for his global ult though!

C.) Draven: Great range, eats up casters with his disruption and minor CC. Awesome pick for his global ult though!

My top lane is comprised primarily of 3 roles, however the initial capture of top requires all 4 other than bot. A good top lane will consist of: top DPS AD, top DPS AP and top CC.

Top DPS AD picks

1.) Nidalee: She posseses many of the traits great for dominion. High mobility, long harass and since you can't buy wards in dominion her traps are great for some map awareness.

2.) Ezreal: Great harass and awesome mobility. Awesome pick for his global ult though!

3.) Pantheon: Everyone loves this tanky bruiser. His passive allows him to take on a few people under turret and his global ult owns.

4.) Gangplank: Lacks a lot of range but makes up for ability to tank under turret. Awesome pick for his global ult though!

5.) Twisted Fate: Why not one more stun? Perhaps not the best mobility however his range is awesome and his ult can change the pace of the game. Great pick for AD or AP, you choose.

6.) Riven: Just a great, solid champ all around. Her stun will get your team out of stick situations all of the time. She's tanky and people seem to focus her and if she's not being focused she can deal a ton of damage. AWESOME mobility, she gets around the map quickly!

7.) Draven: Great range, eats up casters with his disruption and minor CC. Awesome pick for his global ult though!

Top DPS AP picks

1.) Akali: Great mobility, invisibility allows a good Akali to take on 3-4 players under turret, super low ult CD.

2.) Nidalee: She possesses many of the traits great for dominion. High mobility, long range harass and since you can't buy wards in dominion her traps are great for some map awareness.

3.) Ezreal: If you like AP Ezreal he a good pick. Great harass and awesome mobility. Although he lacks the ability to take on several champs under turret. Awesome pick for his global ult though!

4.) Zyra: Absolutely great at pushing, decent range and I have seen her take 3 or even 4 people on turret with her flowers attacking. Furthermore, the AOE ult with CC is amazing.

5.) Twisted Fate: Why not one more stun? Perhaps not the best mobility however his range is awesome and his ult can change the pace of the game. Great pick for AD or AP, you choose.

6.) Kassadin: Pretty OP in Dominion with so many walls to jump over. Extreme mobility, burst, silence-- he's tailored to dominate Dominion. Great champ if you silence right, AoE ult helps. Some say the most op AP in Dominion at the moment.

Top CC picks

1.) Singed: Can take on 3-4 champs easy under turret. Just kiting in circles. High mobility and so annoying play against. Get him on your team

2.) Alistar: My favorite top CC. Ult tailored for tanking multiple champs under turret. Heal to keep the folks alive and so much CC, and AoE CC!!!

3.) Rammus: Probably the best champ in Dominion. Posseses so many grat qualities. High mobility, tanky, aoe... he's got it all!

4.) Malphite: Too much CC, so tanky. Multiple champs under turret are no problem.

Top/Jungle

This roll can be tricky. You need to be able to assist bot when they send 2. Protect the shields in mid. Harass enemies en route to towers and do all this without getting caught. Therefore, my favorite champs for this roll have stealth or very high mobility.

1.) Hecarim: Wow, dominion helps Hecarim a lot. With his passive you can use the speed boosts to constantly increase your attack damage. He can get to bot or top in a flash and escape easily when caught.

2.) Shaco: So annoying if played right. Place boxes in high transit areas for harass and visibility. Stealth and double are great for escaping when you get busted!

3.) Evelyn: Naturally fast champ, goes undetected most of the time and W to get out if you get caught. Great jungle champ.

4.) Rengar: Nice burst damage, stealth and just to clear gaps.

5.) Kha Zix: Much like rengar, great burst and the stealth/jump helps a lot.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

It's all about the metagame at your elo range to be honest.

I'd assume you would've read Sauron's tier list at some point, which I believe is somewhat centered around top elo blind pick/tournament play. Some of that applies to you, some of it won't.

Whereas I would put the top 5 as Kassadin, Khazix, Teemo, Eve and Jayce, maybe players at a lower elo don't play these champions quite as effectively to make them that overpowered. I have seen some really horrible Khazix players at lower elos, for instance, and if everyone there is playing him like that, he clearly isn't going to be a top 5 champ! [as an example]

As another example, some champions are better at certain elo ranges because of the lack of items such as hextech sweeper/grez's lantern, which are very effective at countering certain champs.

smXho

01-11-2013

Well, aside from the comment about Kass should change to blatantly OP, play him if you feel no shame and does not care he makes you dumb, a few things i want to comment

Good meta evolve around your whole team roaming jungles having mobility to respond up and down, whilst you indicate using 1 person (jungle top) to do it, which means he could get caught and fight became 4v3 during his timer. Its hard to do that at your elo, but try convince your teammates to stay in fog of war way more often.

Your CC pick is more like tank pick, which is important. But there are tanks like Amumu or Leona who does a better job then say singed at that role. Also tanky support such as lulu is extremely strong too.

Which brings me to my next point, overall, i would say your choice of champion is not the greatest, if your thread is to suggest which champion to play for someone else. But if it only refers to champion you own, then I can't comment on who you should or should not buy

RobReefer

01-11-2013

Hey guys! Thanks for the insight I really appreciate the feedback. To answer your question, BMA, I have not yet read those articles but I will now! Also, the elo I have listed is for ranked "normal" matches, not dominion. I would love to view my Dominion ELO however I have not yet found a way :/

NBWN AL1V3

2 Weeks Ago

Very nice

Fancy Wolf

2 Weeks Ago

God damn the necros?!