Acumen: The Face of Judgement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rizor

10-23-2011

Acumen: The Face of Judgement

Attachment 302830

Story:
Acumen wasn't always a stone-cold statue of a person. He used to be able to experience love and joy at one time, but those days are long gone. After a mysterious figure broke into the young Acumen's house and took everything, including his parent's lives, Acumen was left with nothing. Acumen spent the rest of his days as an orphan wondering the dark, harsh streets of Noxus, fighting to survive. Each day Acumen's heart became colder, and each day Acumen searched for his parent's murderer. After years of searching Acumen ended up at an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere. Inside he found an elderly swordsmaster who, after learning that Acumen was an orphan, took him in and taught Acumen the way of the sword.

Acumen was a natural, his master told him so. Acumen felt the sword as part of himself, a part of his soul. Acumen's natural ability gave him the speed, power, and reflexes beyond anyone in Noxus. After training with his master for 10 years, Acumen told the swordsman that he was going to leave and set out again to find his parent's killer. His master simply nodded and told him to wait a moment before he left. The master walked away out of sight for a few moments. When he returned he was holding a long sword inside of it's sheath. He handed it to Acumen and said, "This sword has been waiting for its master for centuries. You are the only one I've ever met worthy enough to wield it. It's name is Judgement.". Acumen carefully took the sword and unsheathed it. he was surprised to see that the sword was not made of a shiny metal, but some sort of black matte substance he had never seen before. Regardless he took the sword, bowed to his master, and left.

After a few more years of searching Acumen finally got reliable information about his family's killer. The man was a swordsman and was rumored to be living in a warehouse somewhere in Noxus. But Acumen knew exactly where this warehouse was and with all the rage and hatred in the world he rode to his old master's warehouse. He found his master sharpening his sword. Acumen walked up to his master and said, "Behold my face, Master, because I am the last one you will see. Your judgement has been set."

Stats
Health: 435 (1993 at Level 18)
Health Regeneration: 4.7 (18 at 18)
Mana: 310 (1400 at level 18)
Mana Regeneration: 4.9 (14.5 at 18)
Armor: 15 (75 at level 18)
Magic Resistance: 30 (30 at level 18)
Damage: 65 (115 at level 18)
Attack Speed: .655 ( .825 at 18)
Attack Range: 125
Movement Speed: 325

Abilities

Judgement Call: (Passive)
Acumen's attack damage and speed are increased by 6% while attacking an enemy Champion.

[Q] Wraith of Judgement:
  • Cooldown: 16/14/12/10/8
  • Cost: 65/70/75/80/85
  • Description: Acumen deals a powerful blow to his target, dealing (70/110/150/190/230) physical damage plus an extra .2% for the total amount of damage the target has dealt.

[W] Fighting Intuition:
  • Cooldown: None
  • Cost: None
  • Description: (Passive) Acumen reads his enemy's fighting style and abilities and adapts to them gaining (10/20/30/40/50) Armor when a enemy Champion is nearby. Alternatively the player can change the buff from (10/20/30/40/50) Armor to (10/20/30/40/50) Magic Resist or vice-versa by pressing the [W] key.

[E] Reach of Judgement:
  • Cooldown: 17/16/15/14/12
  • Cost: 55/60/65/70/75
  • Description: Acumen dashes toward the location of the cursor, dealing (60/100/140/180/220) physical damage to any enemy that he passes through and stuns them for (0.5/0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3) seconds. If Reach of Judgement hits an enemy Champion, Acumen's attack damage will increase by 1/3 of the damage dealt for 5 seconds.

[R] Judgement Day:
  • Cooldown: 100/85/60
  • Cost: 125/150/175
  • Description: Acumen judges the fate of his enemy, dealing (175/300/425) physical damage plus an extra .5 damage for every minion/monster the enemy Champion has killed and 20 damage for every Ally Champion that was killed by the target.

UPDATES:
10/23/11 - Acumen created
10/23/11 - Cooldowns for Reach of Judgement and Wraith of Judgment increased slightly. Mana cost for all abilities increased.

FrozenLance

10-23-2011

Very detailed and very well organized other than your abilities not costing enough mana I really don't see anything to be very critical about in your champion. The playstyle seams like Kayle and Jax had a love child, and that child grew up benching all his life. Reach of Judgement's cooldown is far to short, especially because it has a stun as well. If those numbers stay anyone fighting Acumen would be stunned literally 1/3 of the time they are fighting him. I heavily suggest setting the max level cooldown to at least be 10 seconds, level 1 could be 15 seconds.

My ranting seams to be done for now and i wish you the best of luck with your champion! Please leave feedback on my newest champion as well, he needs critical feedback greatly.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post16109329

Rizor

10-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenLance View Post
Very detailed and very well organized other than your abilities not costing enough mana I really don't see anything to be very critical about in your champion. The playstyle seams like Kayle and Jax had a love child, and that child grew up benching all his life. Reach of Judgement's cooldown is far to short, especially because it has a stun as well. If those numbers stay anyone fighting Acumen would be stunned literally 1/3 of the time they are fighting him. I heavily suggest setting the max level cooldown to at least be 10 seconds, level 1 could be 15 seconds.

My ranting seams to be done for now and i wish you the best of luck with your champion! Please leave feedback on my newest champion as well, he needs critical feedback greatly.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post16109329
I appreciate your feedback and I will look into and change the abilities accordingly. This was my first Champion I created, so I didn't expect it to be perfect when I submitted it. Again thanks for the feedback.

FrozenLance

10-23-2011

For a first champion it is very well made, please continue the quality work!

Rizor

10-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenLance View Post
For a first champion it is very well made, please continue the quality work!
Thank you, sir, and I will make sure to do so. I will be checking out your created champion shortly!

Rizor

10-24-2011

Bump

Villanova

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

First champion?

*Sees Junior Member status*

O.O how is it this well organized?? Why isn't this just another joke champion?!?

I... I'm so happy for you. Have you been reading Katsuni's champion creation tips? You deserve a review, no question about it!

I enjoy the lore. A little cliche? Maybe, but I still like it. It's much better than a lot of the lore (or lack thereof) that I see.

The first thing that I notice is that none of his abilities have set scaling, is this intentional? I can see no reason for his Q and R to scale, since their have their own way of dealing extra damage.

Passive seems perfectly fine to me. As does the Q.

The W is interesting, it's a free 50 armor, or magic resist? It doesn't seem OP, but you might want to be careful.

E is fine. Standard gap closer, dash, thingy.

The R just makes me cringe, not because it's bad, but the damage it could potentially do. You use it on a carry or jungler, and you would get a really big amount of damage, especially if they've been fed. (1 extra damage per minion/monster, and most creep scores exceed 300 that i've seen by end game, so...) That's 725 damage before checking whether or not the enemy has killed anyone. I can't really call it OP though, because you could use it on a support champion and it would deal next to nothing in terms of bonus damage, so, dunno. I do like the concept though.

Overall, I didn't expect this kind of quality from a first timer, and that makes me glad. I love surprises. You might have number issues, (but who doesn't these days?) so, just watch your numbers, take feedback and criticism, and stick around. You're off to a running start.

Ah, I almost forgot, could you review mine? Please?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=809806

Lithorz

10-24-2011

looks awesome man.
Please review mine too :P
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1399798&page=2

Rizor

10-24-2011

To Villanova:
Thank you for your positive criticism and feedback. I have taken note of what you have said and will edit my character accordingly. I'm glad that so far I haven't gotten any negative reviews, having this be my first champion idea.

Rizor

10-25-2011

Bump :/