Are you getting tired of a game ending early?

yes 89 66.92%
no 44 33.08%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Is anyone else tired of people surrendering early in the game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jonas1154

10-24-2011

I've won games where we are down 20-30 kills. Actually it's hard for me to believe that that's true just typing it, but it has happened a few times. That is an awesome feeling- and I recommend never ever surrendering just so you can have the 1% chance of something like that happening.

maso

10-24-2011

Generally if you have some sort of specific and plausible strategy for a comeback then its best not to surrender.

If you're significantly behind and don't have a plan to come back then vetoing a surrender would simply be trolling your team, and if you have a plan but don't want to share it then you're basically assisting the enemy team by failing to communicate.

I don't tend to see games being surrendered with the first situation, and in pretty much every game I've seen surrendered, one team has a significant disadvantage which no one has any idea how to overcome. I think in these cases its good that the game ended as early as it did.

Shademaster256

10-24-2011

I think the surrender time is fine, I do recognize that early surrendering is a problem, but there are times when there is just no way to win, like when you're the only one who's actually killing without dying in the process, I recently I had a game where I had the most kills and the least deaths and I was the most fed, while the other team in general was as fed as me, when you're stuck with teams like that it's impossible to win.

Even if this is a case that doesn't happen often, it does happen, and to people with little time or patience it's better for the sake of the game in general to surrender than having to have 15-25 minutes of serious hammering and torture at your team, yet there should be some conditions to have an early surrender, like AFK's, how fed the teams are and on a less important matter, how many kills your team has. I once lost a game where we had lots of kills, but the team in general did nothing but kill, forgetting they had to push if we really wanted to win.

EzrealxBot

10-25-2011

I suppose I agree to a point, But if we are 20mins in and are down by 10 kills and 3 turrets or so, and i have 3 people wanting to surrender. I will click yes(not if its ranked) For the reason that A. why would i want to play with people that clearly have given up. B- why not just start over insted of wasting time. I only click no if I strongly belive that we can come back.

Mythicos

10-25-2011

Its not even that, if you like getting in those extra games they invented a new game mode with a substantially shorter time period played per game, its known as dominion which you all know. and if you dont like dominion then go play twisted treeline because frankly, summoners rift is MEANT to be that long 45 minute game and if a select few of you are going to ruin it because theres no chance of winning.. then just gtfo and go play something else because its ruining the game whether you agree upon it or not. i was playing with a lvl 14 (summoners lvl) today and he said this when the other team surrendered "I honestly have not played a 5v5 yet where i've gotten to finish the other teams nexus off" Which is complete garbage. PLAY THE GAME FOR THE PASSION NOT THE VICTORY sure its nice to win but its not the end of the world when you lose.

Josh1billion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Generally, if the team counts are even, I don't surrender unless at least one inhibitor is down. Before that, the game can go either way. There are some rare exceptions, but you get the idea.

I get really sick of teammates who surrender when the game's practically even. Imagine that the score is 18-20, none of your inner turrets are down, and your 4 teammates vote yes. I've had that type of scenario play out more than a few times.

Just a few days ago, I was playing Twisted Treeline and my teammates were whining about me voting no, no chance of winning this, blah blah blah. 15 minutes later, I carried the game into a victory. A game or two later, the same thing happened, except that both of my teammates went AFK at fountain because I voted no, so yeah, instant loss being 1v3.

It seems to be a side effect of this childish mentality of "If I'm not 18-0 and showing everyone how awesome I am, then the game is not worth playing, so I'm just going to surrender ASAP to get onto the next game and get lucky there." Notice that it's those with the worst k/d ratios that are typically first to surrender, even if the game as a whole is relatively even.

Archimedes75

10-26-2011

I hate people who give up.....I've won games where we had 30 kills to their 50 or 60 and still won because turret kills and pushing wins....kills are nice for stat *****s but I'd rather die 20 times and win than kill 20 times and lose....I just think people are to quick to give up and I always rag on them for it....I never hit yes unless there is a leaver because hope springs eternal in my mind and every game can be a V with the right strategy and effort.

ATastyDessert

11-03-2011

I wish they lowered the time to surrender to 15 minutes. I've had a few hopeless games with feeders and bad teammates. The enemy team is always about 3X the number of kills of our team, have killed baron and dragon'd a few times, only lost one turret. Whereas on my team I'm the only one doing decent and didn't lose my lane. Then 1+ people on my team leaves and I have to keep playing for another 10+ minutes.

Ulstan

11-03-2011

I would have to say that not surrendering when the writing is clearly on the wall is a more common occurence than surrending when you still have a good chance.

I haven't seen people try to surrender after they die twice in lane (though I have seen them ragequit). I think if you maintain the proper team spirit and optimism you can convince people things aren't as bad as they seem and stick around to lategame where you have the advantage.

Fluffyknowsyou

11-03-2011

Many times people just give up, when their surrender fails they stop trying. So there's no real point in continuing,but I always try to not surrender if I can.