Solo mid vs solo top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shady631

11-21-2011

So I'm new to 5v5, pretty much played 3v3 95% of the time from levels 1-22, but have decided to switch to 5v5 cuz TT is imba IMO

Just trying to get familiar with the workings of 5v5, what champs should lane where, how to jungle, etc.

what makes a certain champ a solo top vs a solo mid. I play Garen for instance and i am told he is a solo top champ but not solo mid and i dont really understand the difference/why that is so. again just trying to familiarize myself with how 5s works, and who should lane where and why

imalx

11-21-2011

Solo Top is usually a Tanky champion because if the other team as no jungler you'll have to lane top against two enemy champions. Top lane is also an easyer lane to gank, so even if you're laning against only one champion, their jungle will most probably try to gank you so tankyness is a plus

Mid is always solo in the current meta so you usually put your ad/ap carry there so that he can level faster and farm.

Aunt Tony

11-21-2011

ignore the metagame.

there is no such thing as a metagame unless you choose to participate in it, to perpetuate it.

there are three lanes, five champions, and the most efficient way to distribute the xp and gold gains is to have two duo-lanes and one solo lane unless you have more than one powerful solo players and someone who knows what they're doing in the jungle who can and will be ganking often.

that is all for laning phase.

that is all there is for laning phase.

no really, that is all there is for laning phase. anything beyond this is just the rantings of forum kiddies who have a stickynote on their monitor which says "breathe".

Faythful

11-21-2011

I jungle a bit, and while it can be great fun it can be ****ing annoying when you're bouncing between lanes not able to gank or jungle cause they keep getting poked to death. Jungle wisely.