Are you getting tired of a game ending early?

yes 89 66.92%
no 44 33.08%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Is anyone else tired of people surrendering early in the game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baby Daisy

10-23-2011

When I was barely lv 13 i played summoners rift. But then I stopped playing for awhile to play Dominion. I'm lv 24 now and a lot of my friends want me to play summoners rift with them. I'm ok with it. It's longer. but doesn't give me much of a thrill as dominion. Lately I've been trying to get into summoners rift, because I like coming back from failing early games. Mainly because I main as Jax. He is a very late game if you guys are aware. But the instant 2 players die, people make it a big deal. And they surrender, people are starting to make it a habit too, the higher I get. Can someone please explain to me why people keep doing that? People CAN come back from games. So what's the big deal if you get 2 deaths at the beginning of the match?

DietPepperPhD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2011

Two kills might be giving up a little early. Most of the time I see surrender votes is when at the 20min mark: the enemy team has twice as many kills; a significant tower advantage; or someone on the team has afked or DCed.

Players like to maximize their utility. If at 20min they think they only have a 10 or 15% chance to win, they would rather start a new game (with a fresh 50% chance.) It also isn't very fun to get crushed over and over for another 20--30min.

Come backs are cool, and everyone likes a good story. However, they don't happen often.

If you want to encourage your team to keep trying, try to give them advice on how to make a comeback (basically, hug towers and farm as much as you can.) Wait for enemy to make a mistake in an attack and go for an ace, etc.

Hammith

10-23-2011

I'd rather an early surrender than the games I normally get on SR, my past five games on it have been ones where they were obvious losses (1-2 leavers, 2-4 towers killed versus 1-2, enemy 10 kills up, etc.) but my team insists on playing the entire time.

Frankly, I would most prefer it if the surrender threshold was lowered so you only needed 50% yays.

Mythicos

10-23-2011

Even if they are obvious losses.. you can learn still from them and not just give up at the sign of an obstacle. + Surrendering @ 20 should only be an option if you have 1 afk and/or 1 dc'd player. otherwise it should be moved up to minute 30 i believe. If you find yourself frequently surrendering at 20- 23 minutes i suggest going to play some bots to get better at the game or try twisted treeline. I feel in a sense that its taking the victory away from the teams that do well and the people that put in that time when someone can just quit that early off and it means little to nothing (70ish ip if not first win of the day/no boost)

Perilya

10-24-2011

and then you get the people who start a surrender vote every single time they get killed.

MarethRavenlocke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

20 minutes is a fine time for allowing surrender votes, in most circumstances.

However! The instant someone leaves the game, disconnects, or spends more than 10 seconds without moving or manipulating some UI element (browsing the shop, checking the score, changing keybinds/options, etc. are UI elements), surrender votes should become allowed, regardless of the time.

Baby Daisy

10-24-2011

I still think its rather ridiculous for people to keep wanting to surrender every time they're the ones that are losing. I'm talking about them wanting to surrender when they barely get two deaths, they have no turrets, etc. I know how far a game can go, and when it's a good time to surrender. But most of the teams as I progress start surrendering way early. It's really starting to get annoying afterwards. SR is played because its longer and takes much more skill to play than Dominion. But I really feel like reporting some of the people i get stuck with for surrendering early. i don't think it should be allowed to surrender THAT early.

PitDante

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runegard View Post
20 minutes is a fine time for allowing surrender votes, in most circumstances.

However! The instant someone leaves the game, disconnects, or spends more than 10 seconds without moving or manipulating some UI element (browsing the shop, checking the score, changing keybinds/options, etc. are UI elements), surrender votes should become allowed, regardless of the time.
That's a little harsh.

Just this weekend I had a giant lag spike that froze me out of game for about 7-9 minutes, the timer kept ticking but I couldn't move or chat. So I hit end game, reconnect, came back with my team down a couple of kills and me down 6 levels to the opponent in lane. Eventually we won.

I almost never initiate a surrender, and just as rarely will click yes either. If we have 2 people d/c or afk, sure I'll do it. 3v5 is nearly impossible unless the other team is full of morons. 4v5 isn't so bad though. I've won plenty of games with someone afk or partially gone through the game.

Personally I'd like to see the minimum limit raised to 30 minutes. If everyone's online and playing (i.e. not intentionally feeding or goofing off), it takes about 30 minutes for a game to really develop. I've had games at 20 minutes that I felt like we were going to get stomped, only to turn around and at 30 be pushing inner turrets with a double digit kill score.

UnclePickle

10-24-2011

It's kind of a fine line.

Factors like lag and quitters aside, if you know you're going to lose a game you have a right to vote to surrender. Some people have a lot less time to play games than others and don't want to spend 30 to 45 minutes dragging on a game that they know they can't win. They'd rather spend that time in a new game where they have a chance.

However, I totally disagree with feeding/AFKing if you're surrender vote fails.

Fire Brigade

10-24-2011

If the enemy has at least 15 kills more than our team, I'm pretty eager to surrender. However if they only a few and we are only down a few towers and a dragon or two, I get pretty pissed when the team decides its gg.