Rune suggestions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsavo213

06-18-2010

Lately I have been playing the role of tank with either shen/morde/nasus. I only play 5v5 solo q and it seems like everyone else always wants to play the carry so I figure I will play the tank and support my team.

Any advice on runes? Besides tanking I like to play ranged phsyical dps and melee dps.

I am figuring flat health quints but should I get armor pen and damage runes if I am playing a tank or should I opt for the more defensive oriented runes?

Fleshgolem

06-18-2010

Red: Armor Pen
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: CDR or MRes
Quints: HP or Movespeed

Basically useful on everyone (and very expensive). You should try to always get primary runes in their respective places, hence the damage in red

cwatz

Adjudicator

06-18-2010

When you are starting out you need only really need 2 general purpose rune pages, these can cover the role of caster dps, physical dps, tank, support, all that stuff.

RED: Both Armor pen and Magic pen
YELLOW: Health/Lvl OR Dodge
BLUE: MR, CDR, CDR/Lvl
QUINT: FLAT HP

Get both reds which you will use in 1 of the pages each, and 1 of the other colors which you will use in both pages.

Later on you can worry about getting more precise rune pages, but its best to start off with rune pages that you can comfortably use on every champion in the game, and this setup provides that.

Tsavo213

06-18-2010

Thanks guys!