10 win IP boost....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

Since I got the boost I just use it for win of the day and leave again.

Mysterage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

It should stay the same, across ALL game types. Your First Win of the Day isn't cut in half for Dominion games, why should our awesome 10-win boosts be cut...? Since this is the case, now I know to never, ever buy a Per/Win boost, and only stick with the Per/Days ones.

Delicious Penguin

10-24-2011

I came across this thread accidentally, and the only thing apparent after reading it is that beggars can apparently be choosers... Sigh...

crying angels

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diew View Post
Anyone else feel like they are getting ripped off with the boost in Dominion? I've played 2 games since the boost went into effect. 79 ip boost for one game, 80 ip for another. Roughly around 20 mins each game.

Played a game of SR for the first time since Dominion came out and got 145ip for the boost alone and it was only a 25 min game.

I know the boost was free, and I'm not knocking it, but who in the right mind would pay for a per game ip boost ever playing Dominion?

+1 if you would like to see Dominion IP boost gains increased!
I think the boost should be static for all game modes.

Aerodynamic

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Penguin View Post
I came across this thread accidentally, and the only thing apparent after reading it is that beggars can apparently be choosers... Sigh...
You realize that half of the comments being left are not complaining about getting the 10 win IP, but that there is an obvious mistake in the IP boost system. We make these threads because some of us actually put money into this game, and when we do, we don't want to feel ripped off. I personally will never buy a per win IP boost until this problem is fixed. We are informing Riot that there is a problem that is not only affecting us, but also potential sales for them. Get it?

Ulstan

10-25-2011

Guys, the 'free IP' argument is a silly one. If I purchase a 10 win IP boost from the store using riot points it is going to behave in the exact same way.

Suppose I like dominion and buy an IP boost. Why should that IP boost benefit me less than if I liked SR instead?

KimKelley

10-25-2011

If I were paying for the 10 win IP boost I would find it annoying. It would definitely be nice if there was a way to effectively get the same extra IP for equivalent time spent in dominion.

Something along the lines of a 20 unit bonus where 1 dominion game counts as 1 unit and a summoner's rift game counts as 2 units. Ex: In my head you'd get extra 100 IP for winning summoner's rift and 50 extra IP for winning dominion but, in the end, you'd have a total of 1000 extra IP no matter if you played an equivalent amount of time of SR or Dominion.

But probably too much trouble. I'll just stick with not buying the IP boosts cause this experience of returning to SR has just been painful.

As to this specific instance, I don't begrudge it because I got it for free.

lbgsloan

10-25-2011

I don't really get why you get less IP from the per-win boost in any game mode. Boosts are basically buying IP, with the per-win ones buying a fixed amount of it. Does it really matter if Dominion or co-op games are shorter? You paid the RP, you should get the same IP from it regardless of your favourite game mode. I'd MUCH rather be playing Dominion, but I've forced myself to go back to SR and TT so I don't get gimped out of several hundred IP. I would definitely never buy that 10-win boost with my own money.