10 win IP boost....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

10-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulstan View Post
I would like it to be a flat +150 per game like the FWOTD. Or adjusted some other way. You shouldn't feel like you're really losing out by playing dominion instead of SR.
Seconded, since it's usually bought with money, though for free I'm not complaining about an extra 400 IP.

Yasuthrow

10-23-2011

So you're complaining about a free 10-win IP boost. What's wrong with this picture?

Mordikaar

10-23-2011

I tried playing SR now that my IP boost is on, having played 100% dominion basically since it came out.

Soooo freaking boring

Back to dominion. I don't care if I'm only getting half effectiveness out of the boost.

Xelsia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2011

Bumping in the hope the right red will see this and do something about it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2011

To play devil's advocate here, I'm going to say that the IP boost mechanic works fine as-is.

It was designed to boost IP rewards from SR games, not Dominion. Dominion pays out the same rate of IP as a game on SR, but the grand total is less due to the shorter game time. We are the ones opting to play Dominion, knowing that our IP gains will be less than those playing SR games.

Excalibrator

10-24-2011

Yea its free anyway
If you had to pay for it you would get a 24 hour boost
Then dom players reap more reward than the sr players

Aerodynamic

10-24-2011

I'm just glad I didn't pay real money for this boost. What a rip that would have been

Darth Elijah

10-24-2011

or a "bonus pool" of ip. you get say, 1000 bonus ip, and it can be earned over the course of games. so someone who plays SR would get their bonus ip over fewer games, but in the end both SR and dom players would get the same bonus amount

Snakefinger

10-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordikaar View Post
I tried playing SR now that my IP boost is on, having played 100% dominion basically since it came out.

Soooo freaking boring

Back to dominion. I don't care if I'm only getting half effectiveness out of the boost.
I feel the same.

So people complain about getting FREE IP, when if you decided to maximize your IP through SR mode you might gain an extra 500. Whoop dee doo, go eat some cheese with your wine -- I'll enjoy the free IP and think it's a pleasant surprise.

LucidFlux

10-24-2011

Yeah if you play a 3v3 even if it's a short game it gives you 145IP, so length doesn't matter which is kinda ******...