10 win IP boost....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2011

Anyone else feel like they are getting ripped off with the boost in Dominion? I've played 2 games since the boost went into effect. 79 ip boost for one game, 80 ip for another. Roughly around 20 mins each game.

Played a game of SR for the first time since Dominion came out and got 145ip for the boost alone and it was only a 25 min game.

I know the boost was free, and I'm not knocking it, but who in the right mind would pay for a per game ip boost ever playing Dominion?

+1 if you would like to see Dominion IP boost gains increased!

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-22-2011

it is late and I need to go to bed so I was gonna play a dominion game for fun. But then I remembered I had a free IP boost! It would be wasted so I am not gonna play anything.
Rift often takes too long and so I won't be playing a game before bed.

altairian

10-22-2011

Riot definitely needs to adjust the per win IP boosts in some way for dominion, since IP gain is determined by game time in addition to win/loss nowadays.

SneakyDeaky

10-22-2011

If you already had a 3 day ip boost activated do the 10 games start after?

WhiteAndMilky

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diew View Post
+1 if you would like to see Dominion IP boost gains increased!
No that's dumb. Since a dominion game is half the time of a SR game. However, they could split the wins so that a dominion game only counted as 1/2 of a win. Then it would come closer to evening out.

dirtpoor

10-22-2011

Hopefully a really nice game comes along next year.

I, for one, am disapointed in the reward.

(I know. I know... I'm an A-hole. Leave it to the poor guy to gripe about free. I guess the first years extra rune page raised my standards too high.)

And I agree with ^ whiteandmilky.

Know whats worse than domination IP bonus though? If you play a bot game it will also eat up your boosts.

coffeerox

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpoor View Post
Hopefully a really nice game comes along next year.
You mean free to play games? DC Universe Online is going F2P later this month so that is something to look forward to. Star Trek Online is going F2P. A little less attractive but great for Trek fans. Next year we are getting Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3. Both games require an initial purchase, but free after that. Diablo 3 especially can recoup the purchase price making it free in the end.

dirtpoor

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeerox View Post
You mean free to play games? DC Universe Online is going F2P later this month so that is something to look forward to. Star Trek Online is going F2P. A little less attractive but great for Trek fans. Next year we are getting Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3. Both games require an initial purchase, but free after that. Diablo 3 especially can recoup the purchase price making it free in the end.
I am ALL OVER that star trek online. I keep checking the website every few days. (big star trek fan)

Too bad Dragons Nest didnt offer a reward for voting for them. I might of. (but I guess voting for LoL is more truthful because it IS my favorite game.)

Salien

10-23-2011

Yeah, this makes NO sense. When they adjusted IP gains to be based on game length only a while ago, the per-win boosts were supposed to be a flat 150 bonus every game to make it so people didn't draw out the win. Why should different game modes give different per-win bonuses? That just means you basically can't play dominion (or custom games, for that matter) if you want to get the most worth out of the boost, which is simply not fun.

It's not like the per-day boosts, which you _could_ abuse by playing shorter game modes if the bonus was flat; 10 wins is 10 wins, however long it takes you to get them.

Ulstan

10-23-2011

I would like it to be a flat +150 per game like the FWOTD. Or adjusted some other way. You shouldn't feel like you're really losing out by playing dominion instead of SR.