Twisted fate...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uberphailure

06-18-2010

I started maybe a couple days ago and I seem to like Twisted Fate the most, yet I don't know much about stats so far.

Is his cards magic? Are his abilities magic? Does everybody's auto attack count as melee? Should I buy the "ATTACK DAMAGE" gear to beef up the cards? Is he even a good champion?

I get ran down by most melee if they can stay in range.

Fleshgolem

06-18-2010

Firstofall: Every autoattack on every champion is physical damage
Most abilities do magic damage, if not the tooltip should tell you (meaning TFs are all magic)
He is a good champion, but surely not the easiest one to play.
At the moment most people build Attack Speed items on him to make maximum use of his stacked deck ability. You should watch Phreak's spotlight on him, he explains some of the builds and some basic tricks

Getting ran down is a problem most ranged characters can have. It's really important to not let them stay in range. To do this you can stun them with your gold card and move away from them. In general you always should try to stand behind your Melee/Tank Teammates or at least a wave of creeps to not let this happen

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2010

Fleshgolem pretty much govered it, but just a quick note: I see a lot of new players asking if champion X is good. I really want to make this clear: Riot has put an incredible amount of time, energy and human resources into balance. Right now there are only slight and very subtile imbalances that get constantly corrected, but they are irrelevant because 1% skill can compensate for those.

Every champion is good in the right hands!

Just remember that. Whenever you're stomping, or you're getting stomped, it just shows the difference between the understand you have of your champion and that of the enemy has of his. Every champion can do great and win games.

Uberphailure

06-18-2010

Thanks guys, the bit about attack damage was really confusing me, but yeah, thanks a ton both of you, I'll have to save up for some other champions to see what I like, gangplank is looking really cool.

LuxteK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

get attack damage for tf, anyone that tells u to play ap tf probably sucks with him

The Farkinator

06-20-2010

Best way to play TF IMO is hard carry (IE farm mad duckets while trying to help out team) and farm up Madreds Bloodrazors and a Sword of the Divine.

This way, you can stack SOOOO much magic damage on each hit (And both items provide atk speed, so you get sweet dps)

As for the cards, Red scales directly with Attack Damage. However, it does magic damage. Again, I recommend the build above. :P

swimmer33

06-20-2010

TF isn't that difficult to counter though if you know what you're doing. As soon as he teleports to you just crowd control (stun, slow, etc) him. I love it when he teleports in, stuns me, then I blind him so none of his attacks hit me while I'm stunned. hahahha