Twitch Shaco or Evelynn?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McSmith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2010

So im new but not super new iv got like 4-5 days of playtime and im having tons of fun. But i really want to play a stealth character so i was wondering what the pros and cons of each champion is any help is appreciated thank you in advance for anyone who does help

- Smith

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2010

Well those 3 stealthers work in different ways =)

1. Shaco

Shaco will be an early game ganger and generally an assassin type of character. He goes jungle to steal the red/blue buff and then asaults people ^^ He scales well, but loses some of his charm late game, as he needs to pay more attention to wards and orcales and dies easily from heavy focus.

2. Twitch - he is the opposite of shaco. While still being able to gang at low levels, he deals a lot less damage. However, he scales extreamly well and is able to become a real menace mid/late game. His ultimate gives him an extreamly powerfull AoE attack and he's probably the leading champion in penta kills. If positioned correctly, he can whipe clean the area before him.

3. Evelyn - she's a stealth assassin like shaco, but unlike him, she focuses on magic damage. In low-Elo play she can be a very strong champion as she can get fed easy and does a lot of burst damage. There are also alternative strategies that make her viable in higher elo brackets - sunfire eve, for example. But, back to the topic - gangs, chasing, and bursting are her specialties. She also has a lot of mobility.

Fleshgolem

06-18-2010

Twitch:
+Has two AS boosts and thus can dish out incredible DPS
+Doesn't get shutdown by Oracles as he still has a high range. Just pretend you don't even have it and use it just as an AS boost
-Is super squishy and can be focussed down in seconds. Needs proper positioning (or support) against opponents that know what they're doing
-Can't escape well unless you have really good timing

Shaco:
+Great at ganking and escaping
+Can push down turrets fast with his clone and kill jungle creeps
+Doesn't rely on stealth. Deceive is mainly used as a blink + guaranteed crit
-Doesn't really have any stealth, as it only lasts a few seconds
-As a squishy melee he has a hard time contributing to team battles
-Has a hard time farming

Eve:
+Ok at ganking and escaping
+Has a lot of burst if farmed/fed well. Can stomp people that don't know how to approach her really hard
+Stuns out of stealth. Can stun 2 enemies if you're lucky with Hate Spike
-Can't really get near enemies without stealth and so gets massively shutdown by oracles
-Has a hard time farming

All in all: Twitch is more of a ranged DPS carry then an assassin but can fill this role quite well, if you know how to position yourself. Eve and Shaco both fill a similar role, but Eve gets shutdown way more easily.

General Hint: Always check your enemies inventories for wards and oracles. If you're not sure if they can see you... pretend that they can

McSmith

06-18-2010

Ty both very much i think im going to go with shaco because i like his roll and he seems to fit m play style.

SethCypher

06-18-2010

I was originally planning to create another topic for this question, but since we're on the topic of stealthers I may as well ask this question here.

My question is, do AoEs and Skillshots affect stealthed heroes? For example, Creeping Death or Siphon of Destruction, Volley, Grand Skyfall or Heartseeker Strike. Do these still affect stealthed characters?

iLethys

06-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
I was originally planning to create another topic for this question, but since we're on the topic of stealthers I may as well ask this question here.

My question is, do AoEs and Skillshots affect stealthed heroes? For example, Creeping Death or Siphon of Destruction, Volley, Grand Skyfall or Heartseeker Strike. Do these still affect stealthed characters?
Yes, you're physically still there. On the other side, Sunfire capes will also deal damage to your enemies if you're next to them in stealth.
I once pulled a stealthed Eve in my turret with blitzcrank while aiming for someone else. ^^ Was fun.

SethCypher

06-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLethys View Post
Yes, you're physically still there. On the other side, Sunfire capes will also deal damage to your enemies if you're next to them in stealth.
I once pulled a stealthed Eve in my turret with blitzcrank while aiming for someone else. ^^ Was fun.
Conversely, a tank with equal amount of Sunfires will probably burn right through your HP lol.