E1C or Sam What went wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

desertfoxx

06-06-2012

we were Mord, Noc, GP vs Anivia, Teemo, Janna.

We smoked them early game i went top mord went bot with gp cause he didnt grab smite (our first miss communication) we got our first double kill bot and killed the bot tower after that we got an ace to kill there first top tower and drag. then we killed anivia and died to teemo and janna cause it was just mord and I and I had no mana (our second miss communication he went in when I was like nooo but said it too late)

Then we pushed up after an ace almost killing there inhib tower bot with it having one hit left we all switched to killing them and ended up dieing cause the tower still had 50 health and owned us. so they got their first ace on us, then we did that again but at top tower which gave them the lead along with a dragon steal right before that.

After one last ace we ended up killing top tower pushing up to there main nexus tower almost killing it as they re-spawned only to step too far into the fountain and I died, after that they aced my team.

after this and many failed attempts to kill them due to there slows and kiting abilities we ended up loosing.
End stats anivia had 16k gold while our mord had 15 and the rest of us were even with the other champs around 12k gold.

2 miss communications and 2 failed tower dives cost us the game.

so my questions is--------
SHOULD WE NOT BE ATTACKING TOWERS UNLESS 1 or 2 ARE DEAD?
DO YOU NOT TOWER DIVE AGAINST THEIR WHOLE TEAM IN 3v3 UNLESS YOUR lvl 18 AND WAYYYY AHEAD?

Also was killing a tower at 9 min a bad thing? should we have continued to lane and out zone them and keep ganking them since we had such an advantage? I feel like where it started going wrong was when we tryed to kill the tower with all 3 up or kill them on a tower.

Elcmab

06-06-2012

DONT GET INHIB TILL U CAN PUSH TO WIN
with that being said. Yes best time to take out a tower in 3's is when they are dead. while they are pushed to a tower thats when u should go jungle.

with that team comp no dont tower dive. U just need to learn who you can an cant tower dive
(dont tower dive karma)

Dviation

06-06-2012

In TT you can freely kill towers, but if the other team can farm at the fountain, don't kill the inhibitors until you're ready to push on an ace or when they have 2 down. That way they can't turtle as hard and super minions don't push giving them free farm.

Also make sure you're all building as tanky as possible. Tanky bruisers are the kings of TT. Warmogs/Mallet, Atma's and Randuins is ideal in most situations. That way after you score aces or take down 2/3 and you're ready to push, you can soak the turret damage and probably a bit of champion damage if needed, while also doing quite a bit to the turret. Positioning is really the key on TT.

desertfoxx

06-06-2012

we did not kill inhibs until the ace and we were trying to kill there nexus tower when they spawned so we had to back. I think because we were so far ahead so early the re-spawn times were too short.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcmab View Post
Someone has been reading my tips! <3!

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2012

Desertfox, after reading your thread I am not sure exactly how you might have lost.

Did your team not farm enough?
Did you build the wrong items?
Did they get dragon more than you did?

Also, seeing as you were a good amount *ahead* in the game *before* you got aced twice in a row, that means they get boatloads of gold. That could be part of the reason why you lost.

On top of that, their team composition is basically built to tear your apart.

If Janna was building AP, she will actually be shielding Teemo (or anyone else) for a ton, while also dishing out a lot of damage with her slow and tornadoes.
Aniva also totally destroys Mordekaiser, as she out ranges him hard and he can't really get to her with all her slows, stuns, and that wall. Mordekaiser really needs to be in their face so he can shield up and spell vamp.
Teemo also ruins Nocturne, and Gangplank partially as well, with his blind.
It seems that if they used their team composition the way they should, there is no way you could've beat them unless you were way ahead, but you lost that lead when you let them steal dragon and ace you twice.

Hope that helps you understand what may have went wrong, although tbh it's not quite enough information.

Cheers,
E1C

Coola

06-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcmab View Post
with that being said. Yes best time to take out a tower in 3's is when they are dead. while they are pushed to a tower thats when u should go jungle.

with that team comp no dont tower dive. U just need to learn who you can an cant tower dive
(dont tower dive karma)
^ This. And as far as I can see, the top teams are amazing at turtling and just not losing their base. Me and my team have had experiences against Haoz's team, Sam's team etc. And even if we win the early game very hard, the act of pushing into their base is so difficult. Also taking towers when they are dead can be hard when the only time they fight is under tower, cause they are smart. Um so pretty much if they play like this and have a good team comp it can be difficult. It really is about forcing things to catch the enemy team unawares. Some teams win games just by turtling harder than you can push.

P.S. Darius and Gragas make it impossible to hit the nexus tower x.x

desertfoxx

06-06-2012

That makes a whole lot of sense thanks E1C and Coola. We had never ran that comp and didn't run a warm up game along with half a dozen other mistakes besides the ones you guys listed. Anivia farms like a boss under the tower too so I have to learn which champs to push into the tower and which to let push so we can gank.

Our new strat is going to change a little after getting stomped.

desertfoxx

06-06-2012

looking back at items we had alot of magic resist and no real damage or straight health items i had wriggles and wits end force of nature and phage any recommendations against a farmed ap champ? on noc or udyr those are my preferred champs.

desertfoxx

06-06-2012

wits end being a udyr item i kind of dropped the ball on that one, should have gone wriggles trinity warmongs and start building force of nature.
Correct?