Team Combos

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zephyrmist

09-24-2009

well me and my friends practically play LoL together alot and we still havent rly figured out a good team combo. Can u guys suggest some of them. These are the ppl that my friends can play in order of strength for char

me - Master Yi, Corki, Evelyn, Morgana, Veigar
1. Ryze, Morgana, Master Yi, Malphite, Jax, Karthus
2. Rammus, Teemo, Blitzcrank
3. Jax, Fiddlesticks, Warwick
4. Twitch, Twisted Fate, Soraka

im normally the one who lanes by himself.

TreeEskimo

The Council

09-24-2009

Currently: Master Yi, Morgana, Blitzcrank, Amumu, Ashe, Corki, Katarina, Cryopheonix, and Lich are probably the top champions right now, I'm sure there are a couple others worthy of "top champion" status, but these are the ones I think are the best.

An effective team combo has a spread of physical dps, magical dps, AoE attacks, support, and CC. Champs that can do 3 or more of the 5 are exceptially good, morgana with heavy support (blackshield) magical AoE, and heavy CC (her ultimate and her skill shot). Ashe is another prime example (physical DPS, AoE volley, CC with her slow arrows and her ultimate.

Low cooldowns are always better than high cooldowns, as your team has to work around a champion with high cooldowns like amumu. After coming out of a battle with amumu, the other team will almost always look to start a fight against you ASAP as their ultimates will cool before his finishes cooling, and your team will have to be on the defensive until all of your spells are up.

Well GL on putting together a team combination!

Merrill

09-24-2009

personally i think hp/disables will beat most teams, so your gona want 3 main high hp/disablers and possible 1 aoe and 1 dps magic orphysical, probly physical due to most disables being magic.

from the list you gave out there
i would say

corki for aoe
morgana for controll
blitzcrank for controll and formation disruption
jax if hes goning to tank/beefstick and stun
and twisted fate just because of his double card, if that gets fixed go with twitch

Proteq

09-25-2009

Ryze-Disable: Rune Prison, Arcane mastery build. Maybe attack speed.

Fiddlesticks-Carry: Um wait for team stuns then press R.

Alistar-Support: Best support champion in the game hands down.

Jax-Carry: Scariest champion solo in the game. Possibly life Drain build.

Blitzcrank-Tank: Makes a wonderous mess of things from start to finish.

With a smart alistar on the team its pretty much GG. Quite possibly the most over looked champion in the game. Alistar partners with blitz for stun lock early ganks. Blitz might be the most annoying tank in the game. nuff said. Ryze imo has the best stun in the game. Not only is it on a low cooldown but ticks for crazy dmg and will get a kill early or make the enemy think twice. Partnerd with Fiddlestick, an unlikly duo if played right and ryze dosnt get all cocky one of the most terrifying comps to see in your lane. Fiddle will most likely be the kill leader, i mean every ulti cooldown should be 1 maybe 2 kills. Then jax.... ok so the team has a fear, 3 stuns, 2 spells that knock or drag enemys.. why not jax. get lifestealing solo towerdive. GG

Cantor

09-25-2009

you: morgana for CC, AOE, and support
1: Jax/master yi for carry (jax also stun)
2: Rammus/Blitzcrank for tank / control (and rammus is can be an awesome backdoorer)
3: Fiddlesticks for AOE and just big magic damage in general
4: not alot to choose from here.. twisted fate for map control I suppose. maybe twitch for ganking, and to make the opponent waste money on vision, his slow is always useful too.

toomad

09-26-2009

Rammus (tank, chaser, disable, aoe dmg)
Master Yi (carry, chaser)
Teemo (map controle, chaser)
Morgana (disable, aoe disable, magic shield)
Tryndamere (carry, chaser)

-> decent amount of disable, nearly impossible to escape because of the many slows, mushrooms to get map controle, 2 carries.

Haven't lost a game with this setup yet after 7 games or so (only when one of us decided to switch morgana for zilean)

Corona Nox

09-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeEskimo View Post
Currently: Master Yi, Morgana, Blitzcrank, Amumu, Ashe, Corki, Katarina, Cryopheonix, and Lich are probably the top champions right now, blah blah blah
Most of your picks seem pretty obvious, but I'm curious why you list Karthus. I've always found him decent, but I don't see him comparing to other casters, Morgana, Ryze, Cryo, immediately come to mind. Come to think, I know I've seen others list him as well, and I've never quite gotten it.

Forumtroll

09-26-2009

There's always the small chance someone will escape Jax with a sliver of HP. That's what Karthas is for I'd guess.

ZGBudai

09-26-2009

Get all the cute looking characters = win

Amumu
Teemo
Nunu
Tristana
and any other chibi champion

and if you are looking for a real team COMBO then go:

Amumu
Anivia
Fiddlesticks
Nunu
Annie

Amumu Bandage -> Ult -> Anivia Ult + Fiddlesticks Ult + Nunu Ult + Annie Ult

Warrlock

09-27-2009

My friends and I have been big on Ryze, Veigar, and Taric. There is enough stun to hold someone in place for a small war to take place on their heads, healing, high dmg output, and taric's armor buff helps a bit with survivability for the casters.

Overall you can burn down almost anyone within 2 seconds with this combination