Daegen's guide to Shaco; Indepth Look on my Approach

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squawl

07-09-2010

commenting on your guide will add more as i see fit. shaco is one of my most played champs and i will enjoy picking your brain since i consider myself to be one of the top shaco players (tank shaco). i know crazy huh?

cloth armor to start, although i like the defense aspect, i find healthregen as my item of choice...while placing jack in the box can regen without doing anything. although i like the fact that you allow me to see jungling done with speed. i also like how you made several builds, none of which were pure tankage but thats ok.

with GA im a firm believer that shaco is one of the strongest initiators + disruptors in the game. being able to survive initial attacks and disrupt the enemy. i implore you to try your talent at other champions as it looks like you have played almost every game with shaco. i cant stand to play more than about 30 games straight before i test my hand at other champions to see how they work, so i can come back and kill them.

how many games have you played total? im interested.

after reading your guide i have a lot of respect for your achievements and i will leave you with a question:

what do you think about starting out as a turret destroyer to push lanes and get gold, and if the game is not ending soon you transition into a tank shaco with your aegis and other items(selling some of originals)? the whole time you can stilll jungle and push lanes that are vacant?

Daegen

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathard View Post
I've been playing a couple games with Shaco, and it's worked out pretty well with your guide. Nice work!

I went 9/1/3, 5/0/5, 12/1/8, and then I went 16/0/9 with Teemo. lol

+1 for going 16/0/9 with...Teemo? LOL!!

Daegen

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawl View Post

with GA im a firm believer that shaco is one of the strongest initiators + disruptors in the game. being able to survive initial attacks and disrupt the enemy. i implore you to try your talent at other champions as it looks like you have played almost every game with shaco. i cant stand to play more than about 30 games straight before i test my hand at other champions to see how they work, so i can come back and kill them.

how many games have you played total? im interested.

after reading your guide i have a lot of respect for your achievements and i will leave you with a question:

what do you think about starting out as a turret destroyer to push lanes and get gold, and if the game is not ending soon you transition into a tank shaco with your aegis and other items(selling some of originals)? the whole time you can stilll jungle and push lanes that are vacant?

-I have a few champs that I rarely get bored playing as. Shaco is one of 'em. I've played Fiddlestix for about 70-100 games straight one time...but that was until he got nerfed XD

-I really dislike G.A. on Shaco. Sure, it offers tons of survivability but the way I play Shaco, I don't need it. And yes, I've played tons of champions and can play:

Alistar, Amumu, Annie, Ashe, Chogath, Fiddlestix, Gankplank, Katarina, Malphite...
Just to name a small few. Yes, I specialize in Shaco but I've learned a variety of different champions so I can be versatile for a team, if I ever decide to join or create a team one day.

-I strongly recommend sticking to one build the whole game. Becoming a Turret Destroyer and then switching up the build mid/late game can be very costly and will quite possibly, cost the game if the chances of winning can quickly swing both ways. It's best to decide your build at Champion Acquaintance and establish your build through out from there.

-How many games I've played in total?
Secret =]

Squawl

07-09-2010

@daegon

cool bro..i do agree that the recent changes to shaco have made us change the way we play him. ive seen shacos attack 2-3 ppl at a time and not try to ever team fight. i understand the power of shaco as he is my most played champ currently, but i also stress the importance of playing with the team as much as possible. im not taking away from the great solo ability of shaco, i just wanted to share with you my recent exploits with shaco. i firmly believe that tank shaco is one of the most viable builds out there for high elo games.

i also am looking forward to incorporating some of your play styles in with mine and coming up with game specific builds. thanks again for the input.

Brosiris

07-09-2010

I heard that stark's aura stacking with shaco's ult got fixed, as well as madred's on shaco's clone. Is that true? Is it still best to get Madred's BR anyway on him?

Nihil Sine Nefas

07-09-2010

^Yes.

Shamanb

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
Why get Frozen mallet? You already have a natural slow; that doesn't stack.

Shiv FTW.
Every slow in this game stacks, there are diminishing returns, but they DO stacks.

Daegen

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosiris View Post
I heard that stark's aura stacking with shaco's ult got fixed, as well as madred's on shaco's clone. Is that true? Is it still best to get Madred's BR anyway on him?

Any Aura that grants your team benefits cannot be stacked with Shaco's Clone;
Most commonly, Stark's Fervor and Aeiges (Sorry if I misspelled that).

However, you can still use Madred's Bloodrazor the same, as well as stacking Sunfire Capes.
Madred's BR is still extremely viable on Shaco. I use that in a lot of my games to be honest with you =]

Squawl

07-09-2010

just played as shaco using your guide daegon. went 8-1. was a fun game. i messed up on the jungling a bit and they interrupted me at the beginning however i just blue pilled back and the buff again. it is extremely useful to be jungling with shaco with this build. also i felt it was key to make sure you keep the neut buffs as much as possible.

Daegen

07-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawl View Post
just played as shaco using your guide daegon. went 8-1. was a fun game. i messed up on the jungling a bit and they interrupted me at the beginning however i just blue pilled back and the buff again. it is extremely useful to be jungling with shaco with this build. also i felt it was key to make sure you keep the neut buffs as much as possible.

I find is extremely useful to carry smite along with Shaco nowadays just in case something like that happens...they mess up your Early Golem. Glad you like my guide, very happy it has been helping you and a ton of other people. =]

Thank you for your interest =]]