Daegen's guide to Shaco; Indepth Look on my Approach

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daegen

Senior Member

08-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PardonMySwag View Post
Do you even play shaco anymore?

I'm assuming no since hes banned every ranked game.



It's hard to snatch Shaco nowadays...In most ranked games, I rarely play him just because he gets freakin' banned every game. Heh =p


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atropos

Senior Member

08-14-2010

Hey daegen, I've tried a method to preventing counter jungling in a few practice games with mixed success. Just the beginning at golem. I sent you a friend invite on TFong so we can talk about it further.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-15-2010

Don't know if you remember me Daegen, but I finally got the ip to buy Shaco and I got to say- your guide works wonders. I still have a lot to improve with my shaco play (I'm already branching away a bit from your build order) but if the most critical part of this guide is the Counter Jungling Guide. Out of the 8 games of Shaco I played, your step-by-step directions (Kill wraiths-lvl 3-pop ghost-go to their lizard) I absolutely CRUSHED 3 enemy junglers. Once I crippled them at level 3, I just kept popping in their woods every couple of min and beating their ass. I've never counter jungled before so having successfully completed in 3 times says volumes about the quality of your guide.

Thank you Daegen! Still hope to play a game with you sometime though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daegen

Senior Member

08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
Out of the 8 games of Shaco I played, your step-by-step directions (Kill wraiths-lvl 3-pop ghost-go to their lizard) I absolutely CRUSHED 3 enemy junglers. Once I crippled them at level 3, I just kept popping in their woods every couple of min and beating their ass. I've never counter jungled before so having successfully completed in 3 times says volumes about the quality of your guide.

Thank you Daegen! Still hope to play a game with you sometime though


NICE MAN!! WOW!! Awesome to know this stuff, thanks so much for your interest in my guide =] And yes, we'll play sometime if you want =] GJ !!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leirkov

Senior Member

08-15-2010

Just finished reading, gotta say, awesome guide.

Instinctively when I started playing Shaco I just grabbed WEQ then R>Q>E>W. I take Reginald's jungling route. (Smite wraith, do golems, do lizard all in one go, you'll be outleveling mid at this pace). What's the justification for your build? Most Shaco's seem to traditionally take Golem and if it works sure but I was never really 100% with it.

Thanks for the awesome guide. =]

EDIT: Also, question about your counter-jungling. Which enemies, assuming we're playing the wraith - deceive - ghost scenario, would be at the ideal locations (wraiths/lizard) during this time?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daegen

Senior Member

08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
I take Reginald's jungling route. (Smite wraith, do golems, do lizard all in one go, you'll be outleveling mid at this pace).

EDIT: Also, question about your counter-jungling. Which enemies, assuming we're playing the wraith - deceive - ghost scenario, would be at the ideal locations (wraiths/lizard) during this time?

No disrespect to Reginald but I absolutely deplore his jungling process. Yes, it's very different but I have tried out his jungling order and I just cannot see myself doing this each game. The reason why I take golem first is because you can kill golem without using smite (I do this each game as Shaco successfully) just by using JiTB. And afterwards, I can gank bot with a fresh new LIzard Buff.

When you take Reginald's process, by the time you take blue golem, Lizard buff is almost depleted, and it's crucial I take Red as long as possible to catch overextended enemies


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-16-2010

Speaking about jungling, do you still use smite? In your jungling section, you talk about using smite but in your summoner spell choice you say you take ignite + ghost :X


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daegen

Senior Member

08-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
Speaking about jungling, do you still use smite? In your jungling section, you talk about using smite but in your summoner spell choice you say you take ignite + ghost :X

I really do like Ignite + Ghost but it feels as though Smite early/mid game is just beautiful. I take smite in most of my games mainly because smite is invaluable for countering their jungler.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-16-2010

Quote:
I really do like Ignite + Ghost but it feels as though Smite early/mid game is just beautiful. I take smite in most of my games mainly because smite is invaluable for countering their jungler.
Do you change your jungling order when you take ignite?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daegen

Senior Member

08-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
Do you change your jungling order when you take ignite?
The jungling order is still the same...although it takes A LOT longer =\
Which is why I prefer smite over ignite now