Daegen's guide to Shaco; Indepth Look on my Approach

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brosiris

07-09-2010

Wait, so if I have madred's bloodrazor and my clone hits someone, it'll still do 4% of their health in magic damage?

Also, which is best in TT, Sunfire capes or the madred build?

Daegen

07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosiris View Post
Wait, so if I have madred's bloodrazor and my clone hits someone, it'll still do 4% of their health in magic damage?

Also, which is best in TT, Sunfire capes or the madred build?

-Exactly, the clone will also deal magic damage equal to 4% of the targets' Maximum health.

-I've played quite a few games in TT and most of my games in TT usually do not pass the 20 min mark. Knowing how expensive stacking sunfire capes can be, you simply do not have the adequate time, even if you farmed well enough, to make a huge difference than if you were to rush Madred's alone.

In cost relation:

Rushing Bloodrazors helps you farm with its amazing passive to farm faster (700g if you were to start out with Cloth Armour + 5 health potions) VS One Giant's Belt (1,100g)? Sure, Sunfire Capes adds great survivability to Shaco but unlike Summoners Rift, there are less champions to CC you and focus you to death. Thus, not much of a need to be built Tanky when you are fighting against only 3 champions compared to 5.

Personally in Twisted Treeline, I'd get Madred's instead of Sunfire Capes =]

Ventoris

07-10-2010

I'm not sure if this is because they've read your guide ( but I have a suspicion that they did b/c their playstyle is very close to yours) but I'm seeing a whole lot more better Shaco's recentlly, both in my teams and the enemy's. Good guide . . . maybe even too good. Lol. Glad you're playing again and just saw your record and wow, at least 10 wins in 2 days even after the nerf? Awesome. Good skills = Many kills. =)

WinterLei

07-10-2010

Winterlei here ^^!
I like YOUr guide! Its quite informative, well-produced, and overall great. You really express many skills playing Shaco. Bravo. Keep up with your LOL skill!! I might go back with playing LOL (if I get any good ... with other champs besides Ashe :P)

oh btw
I found this!

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ghlight=Daegen

go to the Shaco group
and you are at #2!

well probably now you have more wins I think...

Daegen

07-10-2010

THanks Winter =]

I took a 2 week break from that account but I'm back now =]
I'm surprised someone surpassed me, XD

Squawl

07-10-2010

@daegen

as a respected shaco player i would like to continue to talk and progress your thoughts and opinions considering shaco.

i ran into quite a few problems playing as shaco lately.

for one we are taught that shaco can jungle but i feel we should stress the importance of knowing how and when to fight, and how and when to play defense and not die giving up towers.

what is your suggestion when dealing with team mates that die and that lane is in trouble of being over taken? i find that trying to bring shaco into that lane severely sets you back because you get less gold, less exp, less chances to gank?

CTHDRL

07-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawl View Post
@daegen

as a respected shaco player i would like to continue to talk and progress your thoughts and opinions considering shaco.

for one we are taught that shaco can jungle but i feel we should stress the importance of knowing how and when to fight, and how and when to play defense and not die giving up towers.

what is your suggestion when dealing with team mates that die and that lane is in trouble of being over taken? i find that trying to bring shaco into that lane severely sets you back because you get less gold, less exp, less chances to gank?

In solo que your only job is to get kills; to motivate your team to not fail. So that you can win. I.E. Carry.

Playing Shaco in Solo Que and playing Shaco in a 5man group is pretty much like playing 2 different champions altogether.

Daegen

07-11-2010

Quote:
@daegen

Everyone will encounter a problem where their teammates are having an extremely hard time keeping up with their lane. Problems can be: Being zoned out, towers getting pushed, and teammates that die too often...simply enough, your teammates cannot lane against the enemy's specific duo composition.

In general, you should tell your teammates to switch with your other teammates if they cannot effectively take advantage of the laning phase.

-As a Shaco player, if your teammates continue to die in that lane and that lane is at risk of an early turret destroyed, what you should do (I do this ALL the time) is gank that lane as often as possible with rage and with haste. Freaking obliterate the enemy who are killing your teammates and don't do it just once, do it MULTIPLE times.

Psychologically, make them behave as if every time they overextend, one of them will die. A term known as Operant Conditioning where you "train" your target to behave in the way you want them to behave through repetitive actions and responses.
If they are hitting the turret. Kill them. A few minutes later after the Shaco Shock they just witnessed, the stubborn ones will think its safe and continue to overxtend and push your teammates turrets again. No matter, kill them again, laugh, and push their turret.

Once will usually do the trick but if multiple times is needed, then multiple times is necessary. Sure, your jungling will be behind after all of this but we play with the team, not for ourselves. They will behave almost like cowards if you play your cards right, allowing your teammates to attain gold, exp, and maybe even a turret.

I remember a game just recently where my solo mid teammate was getting smashed by enemy Ashe. I literally ganked her 3 times within 5 minutes, always killing her if she was even in RANGE of our turret. You know what she did the whole game? She hugged her tower, and then her inner towers...the whole 25 minutes until they surrendered. My brother was watching this and laughed his a** off every time we saw enemy Ashe literally BEHIND her turret, HAHA!!!

Quote:
i find that trying to bring shaco into that lane severely sets you back because you get less gold, less exp, less chances to gank?
No, No, and Yes. You don't get less gold because you can always last his the minions just the same. If you are holding the lane to yourself, you are actually leveling up faster than if you were to stay in the jungle. Although you do have less chances to gank, just remember you are holding that lane until your teammates come back. When they come back, gank the enemy that killed your teammates and proceed to "train" them. =]

I apologize for the long read. Server is down at the moment and I write a lot when I'm bored. =]

Squawl

07-11-2010

in situations where i try to gank i often find that in duo lanes or even mid, i will lose them to their tower or i will simply die. im not sure if im not doing something right. i put box behind them every time but my dmg out put is simply not enough. or i might get lucky and get 1 kill, and die to the other target, and he will push our tower anyways.

what do you do in these situations?

ive gone back to playing my tank shaco as i seem to have more wins. i must be doing something wrong and i will keep trying offensive shaco over time. i need to figure out what im doing wrong.

Daegen

07-11-2010

In those situations, there really isn't much you can do. I also find it hard to keep a turret, especially if you are outnumbered 3:1. Best bet is to gather your teammates together and push. If you die in the process however, then maybe you underestimate the potential damage the enemy can do. Do they have lots of CC? Burst? AoE? Are their Ultimates on cooldowns? I take all of that into account whenever I jump into the fray.

You know...I think what you might be doing wrong is going Tank Shaco in a lot of your games. Yes, Tank Shaco is amazing but he lacks in the DPS department, which Shaco excels in. IE; 700 Crit Damage. Maybe going Pure Damage Shaco might work a bit better for you. If you try this a couple games, lemme' know your results =]