How should I be building brand?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raptor6789

08-07-2011

Brand is one of my favorite casters in the entire game. My current core items I get on him are morello's tome, sorc boots, rabadon's deathcap, and void staff*, and then my build changes to adapt to the situation.

However, using this build, I find that I am running out of mana early-mid game. What items should i be getting on him to solve this problem?

*I get a void staff because I do not have a full set of magic pen runes yet.

COBOLProgram

08-07-2011

I usually start building a Tear of the Goddess first, buying either of its halves. Later, I'll build it up to the Archangel's Staff, but the Tear gets your mana stacked early.

Another item to consider is Rylai's Crystal Scepter. The slowing effect is lovely for catching up to and dispatching fast-movers.

G0RDO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

Yes, I play brand and your first item should be tear of goddess, then buy your sorcerers shoes and immediatly after upgrade to archangels staff. The permanant mana boosts should keep you good for most of the game as long as you arent spamming spells.

Pangyaa

08-07-2011

The build i usually run is
1- 3 boots + 3 pots
2- 2 dorans rings
3- tier 2 boots
4- another dorans ring
5- rush deathcap
6- voidstaff
the game should be over by now but if it isnt get a banshees and then a rylai

Jolteøn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2011

For mana there is two routes to go.

Route 1 - Late game damage, Rush a tear stack it up and upgrade it to a AA late game after your core and some...

Route 2 - Safe/Surviability Mode, Rush a Catalyst into a RoA.

Both are viable. Infact why not just get a roa and AA if the game last long enough be sure to get your rabadons before 30 though.

pi3ninja

08-07-2011

I love brand and play him a bit glass cannon, if you are having too much mana problems then try just last hitting and just using his spells to target the Champ and not the minions. Grab blue buff when ever possible. I start out with a Doran's Ring, I grab another one if I feel that I have to harass more, magic pen marks, mana/lvl seals, ap/lvl glyphs and quints, and 9-0-21 masteries. grab boots then rabadons, void after that then a Rylai's, by this time its gg.

JohnCataldo

08-07-2011

Clap mostly has it. Tear or Catalyst early does a lot for mana issues. You can also potentially solve some problems with runes, of course.

I never decide between Tear and Catalyst until I know who I'm up against. Sometimes you just need that health buffer, for instance against Akali or potentially other jump-assassins (especially in multiples). If it looks like you'll have usually be able to hang in the back safely, Tear -> AA is stronger. (Remember to fear lots of Flash, as well.)

Just don't fall into the trap of getting both Tear and Catalyst before any AP. Brand really needs some to stay relevant in mid game.

The last, unpopular but still viable (truly!) option is Chalice. It's unpopular for pretty good reasons, but also very cheap. Don't get it unless the MR is really going to be relevant, though. Most of the time if you want a defense mana regen item Catalyst is going to be much better.

BrotherCaine

08-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo778 View Post
Yes, I play brand and your first item should be tear of goddess, then buy your sorcerers shoes and immediatly after upgrade to archangels staff. The permanant mana boosts should keep you good for most of the game as long as you arent spamming spells.
Don't upgrade to AA staff immeditatly. Because of the mechanics of tier it reaches max mana faster than an upgraded staff, specially for a combo mage like brand.

Leave it alone and build other stuff first, upgrade it later. The initail upgrade isn't even a big boost anyway.

Quebec Racoon

08-07-2011

1-Boots 3 health pot
2-Catalist
3-ROA
4-Rabadon
5-Whatever you want

Seelyon

08-07-2011

Try this brand guide: http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-brand-guide