[Guide] Bull-dozing with Alistar

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logo

09-25-2009

Why not go...

1) Catalyst
2) Boots
3) Sheen

The catalyst gives you extra hp and the level up proc + sheen will cover your mana regen. Plus then if you go Atmas you get an extra ~8 damage. Late game it also has some good options to transform into as well rather than the tear just sitting there.

davemaister

09-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJar View Post
go with the chalice over the tear.
I think the purpose of having tear is an end game term than chalice if you decide to turn the tear to scepter not for purely mana purposes and having confidence in tanking the spells w/o it and i find that with a clarity full glyph page you get enough mana and regen with tear unless some1 has mana drain i havnt ran out of mana till now

Doctor Awesome

09-26-2009

Update:

Per TheJar and others' suggestions, I now believe Chalice and Sheen are must-haves. The extra Resist is just too valuable, and you'll always get the mana when you need it, due to the long cooldowns. Sheen is simply too perfect with Roar for tearing down towers in seconds. I'll update the guide accordingly tomorrow--thanks all!

Gerjay

09-26-2009

I'm giving the chalice/sheen build a try right now, I expect big things :P

Surrender at 15... i c

Shillen

09-26-2009

Alright I'm a chalice/sheen convert. It's incredible.

Goldenpineapple

09-26-2009

Sheen to trinity force.

Baulien

09-26-2009

Managed a Sheen, Chalice and Atma's in one game. With an offensive rune/defensive mastery build. I was a bit of a feeder but we still won; I was tearing down turrets like no one's business.

Doctor Awesome

09-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baulien View Post
Managed a Sheen, Chalice and Atma's in one game. With an offensive rune/defensive mastery build. I was a bit of a feeder but we still won; I was tearing down turrets like no one's business.
Yep, playing against strong opponents, you will still die a bit, but the dramatic impact you have on any fight is obvious, and you can't question that kind of tower-pushing power.

Doctor Awesome

09-26-2009

Just updated the guide with new item and Rune suggestions. Thanks for all the good suggestions!

Pharmacologist

09-26-2009

Nice guide, I think I'm inspired to reattempt learning alistar.

1234567 ... 9