About a week of play so far, could use input

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Captcoconut

06-17-2010

So I started about a week ago and hadn't had time to play it all that much. Then my schedule cleared up a bit and I pretty much couldn't stop playing for the last 3 days. I've been playing quite a few of the Champions and was having a pretty fun time with most of them and then I joined a game and got face stomped by Jax like a zillion times. So I figured the best way to learn his weakness would be to give him a whirl. After about 5 games(and getting a "build" for him from the guide forums) I decided to just stick with him for now. So my question is, is Jax liked/disliked in the mid to higher skilled games? I was thinking of purchasing him and a few alternate costumes and just don't want to get "n00b" and "WTF Jax is ******ed why are you on my team" type of comments when I join a game. Anyways, thanks for your help and input in advanced!

Hakairyu

06-17-2010

Honestly, for some reason people still think he's kind of OP. I think he's pretty fine, but that's going to be the general reaction you get from people.

FishDeLaMuerte

06-17-2010

He is a great champ to learn. He is OP if you have the dodge runes for him simply because dsp champs basically cannot hit him. A caster is required to kill just him and even then at the late game he has so much HP that a single burst from a caster can only get him down to about 1/2 HP. He has both damage and survivability going for him and is thus annoying as hell. He can and will 1v2 and 1v3 and still win.

Righteousness

06-18-2010

People will not complain if you choose him, if they are on your team. The enemy team, especially after you destroy them on TT, will though lol. Make sure to get dodge yellows once you can purchase the Tier 3 runes at level 20.

cwatz

Adjudicator

06-18-2010

He is a strong champion, but not extremely op'd like some people seem to believe. I doubt you will ever have teammates complain about you picking him.

The most important thing though is you found a champion you have fun with. As long as you are enjoying who you are playing, you shouldn't let other peoples opinions bother you.

AndroidShadow

06-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
He is a strong champion, but not extremely op'd like some people seem to believe. I doubt you will ever have teammates complain about you picking him.

The most important thing though is you found a champion you have fun with. As long as you are enjoying who you are playing, you shouldn't let other peoples opinions bother you.
You stated it extremely well. As long as you are having fun, and being sportsmanlike, you and your team should have fun.

PunchGroin

06-18-2010

Guh, Jax is a beast, his damage output is ridiculous for his survivability. As a result though, he is almost always cced/focused in 5v5. In 3v3 though... he can be frustrating.

Badpath

06-18-2010

Well, I feel cwatz pretty much hit the nail on the head, but I will say this: champions are always getting rebalanced, and as new champs with new mechanics are put out, the relative strength of every other champ is always changing. Characters that were once very powerful can and sometimes do get nerfed pretty hard (Twitch). Champions that have been collecting dust for months can get a huge buff and get popular as all hell (Kayle recently). Play someone you like, and don't worry too much about the future.

That said, Jax is pretty awesome at the moment, so you won't be catching any complaints for a while about your champ choice.

Captcoconut

06-18-2010

Thanks guys, I just ordered the collected edition and if Jax isn't one of the characters I get with it, then i'll just use the 10 credit on him and some other things. You were all a real big help and I'm glad to see that the community for this game is actually pretty darn nice. Hope you all have a great weekend!