Question about Corki and runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Criel

06-17-2010

I've always liked this hero, I was thinking about buying him but I only have one rune setup so far(level 24), it's for casters. Is Corki a AD or AP hero? I don't want to buy him and have the runes i use not benefit him at all.

Thanks

Admonished

06-17-2010

Lower than lvl 30? not experienced? DO youself a favor and spare yourself some losses and do not buy corki till you are 30 and have group of regulars you play with to premake with.
AD corki is the Carry Ap Corki is annoying at best.

cwatz

Adjudicator

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criel View Post
I've always liked this hero, I was thinking about buying him but I only have one rune setup so far(level 24), it's for casters. Is Corki a AD or AP hero? I don't want to buy him and have the runes i use not benefit him at all.

Thanks
Corkis a bit of a strange hero. He is technically an AD champion and a physical carry, however for the first half of the game he basically relies on his casted spells to be strong (not auto attacks or physical damage) and plays like a caster until he gets more physical damage.

Armor penatration would be optimal for him I believe, but its certainly not the end of the world if you have Magic pen in your red slot.

Not Figgis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2010

Don't let Admonished bring you down.

If you can learn Corki now, and do well. You will go far :P.

Okay, I enjoy AP corki. Just cause there is more too AP corki, not that AP corki is better than AD (everyone knows AD has much more dmg output and usuability late game)

He can be played well both ways.

Not Figgis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
Corkis a bit of a strange hero. He is technically an AD champion and a physical carry, however for the first half of the game he basically relies on his casted spells to be strong (not auto attacks or physical damage) and plays like a caster until he gets more physical damage.

Armor penatration would be optimal for him I believe, but its certainly not the end of the world if you have Magic pen in your red slot.
Actually, since his gatling gun shreds armor, it neither would really be absolutely necessary.

Craixis

06-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgis View Post
Don't let Admonished bring you down.

If you can learn Corki now, and do well. You will go far :P.

Okay, I enjoy AP corki. Just cause there is more too AP corki, not that AP corki is better than AD (everyone knows AD has much more dmg output and usuability late game)

He can be played well both ways.
More to do on AP Corki? For both you have to use his spells for chasing/kill, and AD Corki gets the benefit of being able to chase down enemies with Gat Gun.
His Missile Barrage still hurts, his Phos bomb still has the debuff, and Valk is still an escape/chase skill... What real difference is there between AD and AP, other then AD has 1 more (strong) AoE?

Not Figgis

06-17-2010

AP has 3 stronger AOE's.

everything but gat gun.

Fleshgolem

06-18-2010

Does your runeset include Magic Pen and Mana Regen runes? If yes: Good, they're both very useful on him

AD is the way to go. His 2 (You should never use Valkyrie for damage) AOEs have AP ratios so terrible any items won't really benefit them. Magic Pen is still very useful, because it doesn't depend on any ratios

Just go ahead and play him. He is one of the funniest heroes in the game, but one of the hardest to master as well, so you might as well start now