a Long Rant and an example of a Riftard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soul of Infirc

11-11-2013

Yes, you guys have seen me using the term, and over and over i have tried to explain that it doesn't apply to every Sr player out there, Many Sr players are actually pretty nice but they are not vocal, much less the vocal majority so i'll clarify it.
As some of you might know vocal majorities usually don't represent majorities (otherwise people wouldn't be able/need to vote). with that said i'll show you a prime example of what i mean by riftard.

this thread OP:http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4028251
the Op of this thread is exactly what qualifies as a riftard.

on the other hand we have many pro players that qualify as nice sr players, hell i was amazed when i watched curse admit that they did know nothing about Dominion, why? it took them one game, ONLY one game to realize that summonner's rift strategies wouldn't work there while it's taken gd more than two years, that's what makes a real competitive player, the ability to be self-analitical, the ability to admit there's a meta but that the meta is a tool instead set in stone tennets and work from it, the ability to realize that sometimes he should re-learn stuff, the ability to recognize core differences and at least try to adapt to them that's what also makes a nice sr player,no looking down no bashing just saying hey "this is different, not bad,not good just different".
Would this make me an hypocrite and something a nice Sr/TT player would call a "Dominiontard", Probably, but leaning towards No, i never say Sr is easy, i never considered TT to be easy, i don't look down on other modes as "easy,thrash nor waste of time", yes, i don't like summonner's rift by a whole lot but whenever i play another mode i try to learn its meta and how it works, i don't go "Hurr durr X map meta supreme" and go around enforcing it much less looking down on what they build, i'd buy a sunfire cape on Sr knowing i'd never touch the item on Dominion, i'd get ghostblade on Dominion but probably not on Sr. i play bruiser top, fast clearing jungler and Ap bot on TT. i always try to do my best on those modes and my best startsby admitting, "hell this is This Map, not other map, so, what works here?, i play knowing that there other 2 to 4 people on my team that prolly want to win and i try to deliver, i'm in no way a skilled player but i sure have my feet on the ground.

then come mechanics and map awareness where i utterly fail on both x.D

i'm sorry i exploded but man i stand my point.

edit: made stuff clearer.

Nexus Crawler

11-11-2013

I'm kicked off the computer so I came in here bored figuring there would be something long and ragey to keep me entertained. I get fairly reasonable instead.

I am disappointed.

<3

Now that I have the computer back I'll say something a bit more in depth.

People, and it doesn't matter whether this is in SR, TT, Dominion, another game entirely, at school, out in the street, or in some small country in Asia that no one has ever heard of should be open minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-minded
: willing to consider different ideas or opinions
When this comes to LoL you need to be open to the idea, that some things that work in some situations do not work in others, and vice versa.

In all other things, you need to be open to the idea that not everyone is the same. We're all different.

If people were more open-minded, they would be better players (because they're willing to consider other options), and people (because more things should be accepted rather than rejected simply because they're different).

Soul of Infirc

11-16-2013

*Sigh* petty self bump cuz there is a pretty wrong discusson going at curse stream: Please guys don't let Riftards blear your view of Nice Sr players. Riftards are a vocal majority NOT an absolute majority many Sr players are quite nice a good example was the AEON united guys: They rock! .

We had another riftard earlier going for the name of sable--sable.. sablesomethingwhatever you guys did an amazing job on ignoring him and actually helping the other nice sr players who were seriously curious about the mode please keep that profile ignore riftards and be nice to the other Sr players.

AK47WOLF

11-16-2013

Can we not do this

Soul of Infirc

11-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Can we not do this
Did you bother reading it? i was basically stating "ignore people who bash DOminion" and be nice to the other guys.

A Slime Appears

11-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Can we not do this
Aren't you the guy that made the thread about people **** talking RCIX or whatever? How was that any better, exactly?

Kiddalee

11-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul of Infirc View Post
Riftards are a vocal majority NOT an absolute majority many Sr players are quite nice ....
Awesome! But isn't it "vocal minority?" "Not an absolute majority" is correct.