Lets make another list: Champion's (probable) ages!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zwingley

10-22-2011

Kayle is a woman.

Tristan Trades

10-23-2011

Wukong was magically created from a giant rune stone after a failed ritual by a monkey-shaman. He wasn't born like other creatures. He immediately had the body and mind of an adult/teenager. He was never a real child or baby. So although he looks mature, he only is 2-3 years old.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
My theory is that, as the introduction of medicine in real life here on earth bumped the average lifespan from 30 years up to 70, magic practices on Runeterra extended the average lifespan dramatically on Runeterra also, possibly farther than our current medicine is. Keep in mind, age, in terms of how old people appear, is entirely relative to their health.

[...]

In addition to this, we have boram darkwill, famed for living for 300 years, but no one really made much of a fuss about it or wanting to obtain his secret to a long life. People go "oh. Kewl. he lived long. good for him."

That would tell me that people look at him the same way we look at people who live past 100 nowadays. No one's mobing him to unlock his secret, and if he were hoarding something big and important from everyone else, everyone would want to take him down, even all of his own subordinates.

This tells me that the average lifespan is longer on Runeterra. My theory is that some of the "20-30" champions are in their 50's, but 50-60 is the equivalent age of "on Earth" 20-30 due to their magical medicines. This would also fit into boram darkwill's lore.
You certainly have raised a great point here. And you are probably right about the champion's ages however i dont know if i should change the ages of all of them to add +30 years or so... For now ill just make another note on the beggining explaining how, possibly, the magic of Runeterra would create a longer lifespan for all the creatures including humans and so we have people like Darkwill who lived 300 years or Yi who is, supposedly, 1000 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Wukong was magically created from a giant rune stone after a failed ritual by a monkey-shaman. He wasn't born like other creatures. He immediately had the body and mind of an adult/teenager. He was never a real child or baby. So although he looks mature, he only is 2-3 years old.
Oh, thats whay you meant! Corrected, ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwingley View Post
Kayle is a woman.
I know, someone already mentioned this before but i just cant find where shouls i correct myself. I know she is a SHE (?), i probably misswrote but i dont know where the correction should be made :S

Hiicantpk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2011

Quote:
Kayle --> Has been defending his people for more 10.000 years so...
There is where the correction should be made

TheNarvalOfDeath

10-23-2011

Thank you

TheNarvalOfDeath

11-07-2011

So new champ (released like a week ago xD)

Whats her probable age?

Kaelath The Red

01-28-2013

Nearly every human champion in league is between 18-25 years old exceptions being

Annie - 8 years old

Nunu and RupRot 10 years old

Heimerdinger, Yi, Singed, and Swain are all in their 30's or 40's

Zilean is at least 80-100 years old.

As Riot remakes champions and recons their lore to fix it up ages shift again like in comics.

Cerubois

01-28-2013

To offer more insight into Lux and Riven specifically (I did my research on these two!):

Lux was 13 when she was conscripted, this we know. She ran espionage missions during the Ionian War, which was roughly 10-15 years ago. She's definitely in her mid-20s, and is one of the few you can accurately guess an age on.

Going by the same timeline, Riven would likely be in her early 30s, assuming she was in her late teens during the war.

TheNarvalOfDeath

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
To offer more insight into Lux and Riven specifically (I did my research on these two!):

Lux was 13 when she was conscripted, this we know. She ran espionage missions during the Ionian War, which was roughly 10-15 years ago. She's definitely in her mid-20s, and is one of the few you can accurately guess an age on.

Going by the same timeline, Riven would likely be in her early 30s, assuming she was in her late teens during the war.
Well ill edit those, its been a really long time but w/e. Perhaps later on ill add the newest champions that came after this thread disappeared lol

TheNarvalOfDeath

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelath The Red View Post
Nearly every human champion in league is between 18-25 years old exceptions being

Annie - 8 years old

Nunu and RupRot 10 years old

Heimerdinger, Yi, Singed, and Swain are all in their 30's or 40's

Zilean is at least 80-100 years old.

As Riot remakes champions and recons their lore to fix it up ages shift again like in comics.
I would say Heim is much older, Corki clearly seems older and is the #1 fan of the revered inventor. Swain looks older aswell but its probably because he walks so funny. Singed is younger than WW (this is based on the old lore anyway) but 40 seems an accurate age as i imagine him being from the same generation as Dr Mundo.

As for the rest, i dont think every single champion is so young. GP for example looks a little bit older (his beard and all). Samw with Ashe or Tryn (they just have this air of being older). However most of the championes, yeah they are between 20-30 years old but only if we dont consider all the years that have been since the League was created (that is 20 years ago) or if we say that in the real world they are older but once they get into a match they look exactly the same as the day they passed their judgement