Can you run 2 Clients off one Computer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hoodat420

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample562 View Post
i would use to clients to be ingame and see people ranked stats

NECRO'd

bump

Archparagon

07-13-2012

just for all you out there wondering what multiseat program to use. I would very highly suggest Softxpand 2011 Duo. The only downside to this program is it takes over the second monitor completely. Your second monitor literally becomes a second workstation that requires its own mouse and keyboard.

Even if you shut down the session your computer wont recognize that you have a second monitor for example if you used to have Chrome open on 1 screen and LoL on the other. You would have to do everything with the second keyboard which can be good or bad. You would no longer have to window the game or alt+tab but neither would you be able to use the screens as 1 smooth desktop.

I personally like the separate workstations because I do not like to minimize and my desk is big enough for two keyboards and my wife doesn't like to just sit and play and will get on and off at random. It all depends on the person.

I'm currently working on getting the virtual box to run LoL smoothly. Alone my Vcard runs LoL at 120fps so once I smooth out a couple things it should work fine. I'll update if I find something that works

jimmybob321

07-13-2012

It will ask you to terminate one of the clients if you open two

Archparagon

07-13-2012

If you run one of those in a Virtual Machine?

OfficialMarines

07-13-2012

Ya the best you could do is to put the second one on a virtual machine. The client won't even let you run both live and PBE.

Archparagon

07-13-2012

that's what the plan was. to try and run one in a virtual machine and the other in regular desktop mode.

YumyMenstruation

07-13-2012

I would do it if there was a long que time like right now for PBE so I could play some games while waiting for this **** 1 hour que to try out the new eve and the new char as well... That's why I goggled this. Looks like I gotta get sandboxie again xD

K rent

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgr1z View Post
My brothers computer broke, and I'm trying to figure out how to run 2 clients off one comp, got enough power in this comp to probably multiple clients, but will it LET me?!
i think he means to be able to play 2 different accounts on the same computer. All you have to do is type in his account name and his password and he can play on his account, when he's done just retype your stuff back in.

Archparagon

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krent8 View Post
i think he means to be able to play 2 different accounts on the same computer. All you have to do is type in his account name and his password and he can play on his account, when he's done just retype your stuff back in.
no what he is trying to do is what I'm trying to do. Run two instances of the game at the same time on 1 computer. If you try to right now it gives you an error and you have to close one instance for the other to work. The 2nd part of the issue is getting a second mouse and keyboard to work but thats easily accomplished using Softxpand 2011 duo(recommended) or VMware both of which are multiseat utilities. When I get home from work I'm gonna start testing using virtual box software to trick the comp into running LoL twice and hopefully my hardware is strong enough to handle it (8GB RAM and a brand new VCard but i forgot model) I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

VvVvII

07-13-2012

ya it can be done just need to duplicate the file and change registry names its not difficult.....no idea how you would use 2 keyboards and mive though (without over lap in either side, maybe change hot keys would work)