How in the world do I stop Jax?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalarepa

10-21-2011

Ban or avoid him after 15th minute. Unless they fix his ability to dodge turrets, even SotD won't help you against good Jax.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2011

If you are a champ that has to right click to win, this is exactly what Jax counters. You MUST have SotD if you want to have a chance. SotD won't counter Jax, but it'll at least let you do some damage to him. You need casters and CC for Jax.

Cauldrath

10-21-2011

Most Jax players focus on their passive for survivability and spell vamp and life steal for sustainability, but have little mitigation. Try taking something with flat armor reduction like Brutalizer, Black Cleaver, or Stark's Ferver to take advantage of their low armor and build a little more armor/mr compared to health than you usually would to reduce their life leech.

Mightyal

10-21-2011

Tryndamere, The Jax Slayer's Guide-

1. Activate SOTD.

2. Pop Ult if necessary

3. Spin away after Jax dies.

4. Repeat process after STOD and ULT is up again. Hunt for Jax. He will run away every time he sees you.

Aikimiller

10-21-2011

Really? Udyr is really the only champ I play that I even considder trying to take Jax with, granted I still want an ally along with me.

Dodge helps against his auto attacks (ninja tabi+passive+runes), and I'll usually pick up a Thornmail as well. If you're playing draft mode and you see a jax pick, exhaust is helpful as well.

Jax is Ridiculous though, hopefuly the gunblade nerfs will bring him a bit more in line.

Pyrite Illusion

10-21-2011

I play tanks like Leona, Alister, Taric ect. The best counter to Jax is to take 3 points and build pure tank items. Jax won't fight you under a tower and Jax's rarely defend so you won't really need to worry about killing him ever.

lbgsloan

10-21-2011

Late game? You don't, nobody can stop him 1v1 except maybe full build Tryn. Ryze has a decent shot at it if he's got a tower backing him, but that's about it. Even tanks get wrecked by him.

Burst mages and AD casters can beat him early on, but once he gets 3-4 items good luck. He does lots of damage, frequently aoe stuns, and recovers life the entire time. Jax fanboys please don't insult everyone by saying Sword of the Divine is a good counter, because it isn't. 1 or 2 random minions 'helping' are enough to keep that stun up 24/7. And failing that good Jax players will retreat once you pop the active and then laugh at your 1900 gold worthless item. Best to keep him perma-banned and be thankful there's a draft mode, as him and Singed destroyed any incentive to play 3v3 normals.

IS1429332aa9b633

10-21-2011

Jax isn't OP anymore with the gunblade nerf.
What is your build with Udyr?
I'd recommend buying a tenacity item (merc treads?) and frozen heart.
And it's a good idea to keep you exhaust for him.

I play Skarner and I don't have a problem with Jax because I can sustain more than him.

Rafein

10-21-2011

A good Ryze will kill him pretty quickly.

Udyr is ok Vs. him, as he can almost match him stun for stun, and his shield and tiger give him the sustain and umph to have a chance.

But I think I would rather have Randuin's over Frozen Heart. Udyr does not have mana concerns, and would rather have the health.

OxBaker

10-21-2011

Play draft and ban him. Only way to beat him.

123456 ... 7