DCP Skin Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevoun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2009

This is sort of a follow-up after reading Jubmania's thread about the collector edition. It seemed like the thread turned into an over-whelming majority of people who were saying things along the lines of: "I'm buying it to support the game," "I've already ordered mine," etc. This is great and I'm glad to hear it, but because I assume the Digital Collector's Pack is still in the works, I wanted to bring up an idea I had that might make it more interesting to buy.

I was thinking that Riot could make a larger list of collector's edition skins in the pack as choices (maybe 8 or so) and let each player pick a set amount from the list at release. This would increase the chances that each player would at least get 1 skin for a character they plan on playing a decent amount. You could also make these trade-able so that if you changed their mind down the road, you could still swap with someone else who is looking to get a different collector skin. Also, people might be willing to pre-order TWICE if they are very serious collectors and want ALL the skins ($$$).

I want to add that I plan on buying the DCP pretty soon here, so I am not arguing that the DCP isn't worth it as is. I am merely opening up a topic to suggest further improvements that might get more players to pre-order.

Lollerman

07-22-2009

I'm sure they have this in mind for future updates and events.

Hopefully a trade system is in the works.

Janna Windforce

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2009

I would love to be able to pick my skins. Don't get me wrong, I love Annie and Mino, but I'm just can't get into the mind set you need to play them. Wanting to buy: leopard print twisted fate costume!

Zarol

Adjudicator

07-26-2009

I'm pretty sure they're going to be selling skins using Riot Points... if you want more just buy from there? I mean you are getting $10 worth of riot points with the game

Marduke

Adjudicator

07-26-2009

If you don't like the skins in the Collectors Edition, don't buy it? They've said that the collector's edition actually saves you money if you combine all the items together. If you want to take advantage of that value go ahead. If you don't like those characters, or the skins, well then feel free to pay normal price once those come out.

Kevoun

07-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduke View Post
If you don't like the skins in the Collectors Edition, don't buy it? They've said that the collector's edition actually saves you money if you combine all the items together. If you want to take advantage of that value go ahead. If you don't like those characters, or the skins, well then feel free to pay normal price once those come out.
I think you missed the point. I'll buy the DCP either way, but I think it's wrong to assume that the DCP should be set in stone as it is. Being stubborn about keeping the DCP as it is doesn't make sense to me. If it would get more players to preorder, what is wrong with making a change? I guess I haven't been around the beta very long so maybe I'm just out of my element.

I was under the impression that the collector's edition skins were exclusive, and not available for purchase with riot points. Correct me if I'm wrong here, I suppose I'll go look up the info. If they are exclusive though, wouldn't it be interesting to have a variety of exclusive skins? Not everyone would have the same ones and it would be more 'exclusive' feeling. This change wouldn't increase the dollar value of the pack because you wouldn't be getting any more for your money other than choices.

Janna Windforce

07-26-2009

Also already ordered mine after the first weekend, just as an fyi.

Humiliation

02-22-2011

What is this i don't even...